SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question every time I try to set or zero in BUS or Optic on my 556 rifle I have to lower the frnt post as low as it will go and same for optics is it something with my weapon or is it me,has anyone else had similar prob. and if so what was the correction if any thanks

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
...if you're maxing out your elevation run with "both" the irons and the optic...i'm going to guess your rifle is shooting too low due to one or more issues...your 556 should go back to Sig Sauer for adjustment...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sent rifle back to Sig, they are sending me a new rifle. Thanks Ullie.

I was zeroing at fifty yards off bench.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just Curious,
WHY are they sending you a whole new rifle???

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm still curious as to why SIG is sending Roger a new rifle...
I had a similar situation with my SWAT model and Sig replaced the front sight with a shorter one so I could get on paper. Now the iron/diopter sight works fine, but upon closer inspection of the rifle, it appears that maybe the reason the first front sight didn't work is due to alignment issues between the barrel and the upper receiver.
I noticed that my quad-top rail over the barrel is a few degrees "off" (sloped down) from being straight with the top rail on the upper recieiver. While I have mounted a scope on the forearm top rail, I haven't mounted a scope on the reciever rail, because the diopter sight is in the way with the scope-ring height that I have. I almost wonder if I were to remove the diopter and mount a scope on the receiver, that I might find myself in the same situation as Roger here???????
Roger, did you notice any misalignment like I describe here (the barrel droops down in relation to the receiver-top) when lookign down the weapon?
Is it common that the top rail on the quad-rail forearm doesn't align perfectly with the top rail on the upper receiver??? Minimally, the Picatinny spacing of the mounting grooves is certainly not retained between the two.....
:? :cry:
Curious Pat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts