SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'd like the find out some of the best methods of zeroing in your rifle.
With BUIS as well as with a scope. Thanks for your responses!

·
Registered
472 Posts
At 25 yards fire 3-5 round groups (fire then check your target). Mark each group 1,2,3... whatever. Fire your groups until they are tight. Then Zero your BUIS. Don't move your sights until your groups are tight.

For the scope, bore sight it for a rough zero then 3-5 rounds and adjust accordingly.

others will have more, gotta get to work right now

Hope I helped some,

Geardo

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
nellaad said:
I'd like the find out some of the best methods of zeroing in your rifle.
With BUIS as well as with a scope.
...you should zero a "carbine" chambered in 5.56 with a 200 meter far zero...

...set up a target @ 25 yards if possible to get on paper...adjust elevation so that it prints ~ 1 1/4 inches low ( below your point of aim )...move target out to 50 yards...shoot POA=POI...this is your "near" zero...set up your target @ 200 meters...shoot POA=POI...adjust accordingly...and leave it there...

...this will give you your best "point blank range" with a carbine having a 16 inch barrel firing almost all 5.56 / .223 ammunition that reasonably approches the trajectory of the M855 round...just shoot dead on...you'll be about 1 1/2 inches high @ 100 yards...have a rough 200 yard / 200 meter zero...and will be about 6 / 7 inches low @300 yards or so...at which point you should hold over slightly...

...mechanically zero your scope in the center of it's windage and elevation run...properly mount it...and repeat the above for starters...you can use a 200 "yard" zero for most applications...and when needed...dial in the elevation corrections for longer / shorter ranges based on the trajectory of the "specific" cartrage you're using...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts