SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an early 556 with a four-hole Picatinny rail. I have a scope I need at least 1/4" higher, and I bought a YHM 1/2" riser. I received it yesterday, and it's a slide-on. It's a nice, relatively light riser, but it's too small and slide over the factory rail on my 556. I measured the rail on the rifle, and it's a tad over 21mm.

I assume most rails are 20mm, but does anyone know of a lightweight, over sized riser?

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
...your Picatinny rail may be out of spec...or the riser may be out of spec...

...or

...you may have a case of tolerance stacking...in which case both your rail and riser are in spec...ie...within the print tollerances...but on the opposite ends of the print specification...

...have you tried mounting anything else that reqiures to slide onto the rail ?...

...mounts that are designed for a Picatinny rail are within a specified demensional paramater...ie within a specified print tollerance +/-...some manufacturers "may" have greater allowable tolerance than others...

...have you tried to tap the riser onto the rail...or is it so tight that it won't even partially slide on ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts