SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opportunity to shoot an X-5 L1 the other day, and after getting used to the trigger weight, I was able to shoot 2.5" groups at 25 yards freehand. Needless to say I was sold!

So I started looking into it, and I'm trying to decide on the level 1 or competition models. From what I can tell, the only difference is that trigger weight on the L1 is adjustable from 2-4 lbs, where on the competition model its set to 4.5 lbs. The L1 also offers a length of pull adjustment of 10mm, and an over-travel adjustment. Everything else seems to be the same.

So, is the additional customizable trigger the L1 offers worth the extra $800 or so, and also worth waiting for one to become available, or should I just get the competition model? I don't plan on joining the IDPA anytime soon, so this will be used primarily for target shooting and bringing my shooting skills to the next level.

Also, every couple thousand rounds I completely disassemble my pistols, and clean and lube each part individually. Is the disassembly of an X-five any different than a standard Sig pistol? If so, what should I be aware of before disassembly? Any extra springs or parts that can escape accidentally?

Thanks much!

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
jalso said:
I had the opportunity to shoot an X-5 L1 the other day, and after getting used to the trigger weight, I was able to shoot 2.5" groups at 25 yards freehand. Needless to say I was sold!
...you may not like this reply...but honestly....the X5 is just one of the many hyped up and overpriced pistols out there IMO...if you want an authentic SIG in that price range...consider a SIG P210...don't pay over "twice" what someting is worth because of "clever marketing tactics"...

...should you decide to consider a SIG P210...i recomend these two models...

...P210-8

...P210-6S

...the P210-8 has an adjustable trigger...otherwise it is basically the same as the P210-6S...both models have adjustable sights and are built on the "heavy" frame...and both have side mounted magazine releases...

...here is a photo of C Swimm's beautiful 210-6 with a an extended beavertail...

[/quote]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts