WTB Sig 556 Bolt Release | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

WTB Sig 556 Bolt Release

Discussion in 'Non-FFL' started by UziOwner, Jan 9, 2021.

1. UziOwner

UziOwner New Member

My bolt release snapped in half yesterday so I am looking for a replacement. If anyone has an extra one laying around or knows where to find a replacement please let me know. I believe it would be compatible with any Sig 55X rifle. Thanks!

2. rambo

rambo Member

Call Sig. There's supposed to be a lifetime guarantee. Let us know what happens.

rambo

3. UziOwner

UziOwner New Member

When I called Sig they told me they don't have many parts left for the Sig556's but the customer service agent was going to contact the custom shop to see if they had any left. He also said I would need to send the rifle in as they could not sell that part directly because it has been discontinued.

I'm still hopeful I can send the rifle in but at this point, if I can find the part I would prefer to just buy it. I'm hoping someone here might have swapped lowers for a folder and has the part laying around.

4. Reformer

Reformer Member

As much as I love that Sig has been innovative and expanding their lines, they are by far one of the worst companies for continued support for products they promised to support. Don't hold your breath.