SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Sen. John Cornyn (R., Texas) told HuffPo today that Republicans won't run on an across-the-board repeal of new health-care laws.

"There is non-controversial stuff here like the preexisting conditions exclusion and those sorts of things," the Texas Republican said. "Now we are not interested in repealing that. And that is frankly a distraction."

What the GOP will work to repeal, Cornyn explained, are provisions that result in "tax increases on middle class families," language that forced "an increase in the premium costs for people who have insurance now" and the "cuts to Medicare" included in the legislation.

Cornyn also apparently told HuffPo that Republicans would campaign on restoring cuts to Medicare Advantage."

WTF. I seriously cannot belive this pile of crap politician. What a joke.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I heard about that. He said that those huffpro assclowns totally misquoted and chopped up his statement. I personally wouldn't put it past them. He also issued a correction/follow up statement saying they are going after everything. Or something to that extent.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've recently run across the Republican Liberty Caucus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Liberty_Caucus

This is the Libertarian wing of the Republican party. Rather than focus on tactical issues (normal everyday political BS), their primary focus is on the strategic problem of re-instituting a constitutional government.

They call for the immediate abolition of the Department of Education, Departments of Commerce and Agriculture, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Housing and Urban Development, National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities. They also call for repealing the current progressive tax system in favor of a flat tax.

Basically, they call for the reduction of the Federal Government - not the budget of the Federal Government, but the powers of the Federal Government. They believe that the powers enumerated in Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution as an "absolute limit on all government programs and functions". Every other power the Federal Government currently enjoys is unconstitutional, and those powers must be returned to the States or individuals.

if you're sick of the same lying, cheating, self-serving bullshit Republicans, these guys might be the best place to turn to try and change that.

·
Registered
682 Posts
jalso said:
I've recently run across the Republican Liberty Caucus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Liberty_Caucus

This is the Libertarian wing of the Republican party. Rather than focus on tactical issues (normal everyday political BS), their primary focus is on the strategic problem of re-instituting a constitutional government.

They call for the immediate abolition of the Department of Education, Departments of Commerce and Agriculture, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Housing and Urban Development, National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities. They also call for repealing the current progressive tax system in favor of a flat tax.

Basically, they call for the reduction of the Federal Government - not the budget of the Federal Government, but the powers of the Federal Government. They believe that the powers enumerated in Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution as an "absolute limit on all government programs and functions". Every other power the Federal Government currently enjoys is unconstitutional, and those powers must be returned to the States or individuals.

if you're sick of the same lying, cheating, self-serving bullshit Republicans, these guys might be the best place to turn to try and change that.
Agreed 100%.

·
Registered
47 Posts
They won't repeal anything unless the political winds are blowing a gale. If its like anything the majority of the voting public will forget about it next week. So don't let them.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I havn't had anything good to say about that party in quite a few years.

I'll be quite happy the day the republican party falls apart, hopefully taking the dems down with them. Its like watching two turds circle the bowl at this point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts