SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WikiLeaks tweet
Finally cracked the encryption to US military video in which journalists, among others, are shot. Thanks to all who donated $/CPUs.
From Techie-buzz:

WikiLeaks has promised to reveal a Pentagon murder cover-up at the US National Press Club on April 5. Although, very little information is available about the nature of the information available to WikiLeaks, it is definitely sensitive enough to prompt the US government into action.

A flurry of recent updates on the official WikiLeaks Twitter
account suggests that they are currently under an aggressive US and Icelandic surveillance operation

. Here are the recent tweets by WikiLeaks in chronological order:

WikiLeaks is currently under an aggressive US and Icelandic surveillance operation. Following/photographing/filming/detaining.
If anything happens to us, you know why: it is our Apr 5 film. And you know who is responsible.
Two under State Dep diplomatic cover followed our editor from Iceland to skup.no... on Thursday.
One related person was detained for 22 hours. Computer’s seized.That’s www.skup.no...
We know our possession of the decrypted airstrike video is now being discussed at the highest levels of US command.
If you know more about the operations against us, contact secure.wikileaks.org...
We have been shown secret photos of our production meetings and been asked specific questions during detention related to the airstrike.
We have airline records of the State Dep/CIA tails. Don’t think you can get away with it. You cannot. This is WikiLeaks.

In the past, WikiLeaks has played a pivotal role in exposing wrongdoing. It has managed to remain true to its principle of only publishing documents of political, diplomatic, historical or ethical interest. Over the years, it has managed to gain both respect and reputation for making a positive impact.

At the moment, the big question is, did WikiLeaks byte off more than it can chew?
I am anxious for April 5th to roll around to see what becomes of this. To those of us who religiously follow "leaks & whistleblowers" newswires, this would explain why Wikileaks has suddenly appeared on the Pentagons radar with hellfire and scorn. For those of you who don't know, what a large portion of the educated population of the world now knows, and was even the intended subject of a BBC story........................ CIA paramilitary units coupled with some "special" PMC teams have been functionally in control of Afghanistan's Opium production for some time now. Russia wants us to burn the Poppy crops, they have no intention of doing so. For those who doubt the reality of this, I have read volumes of information from CIA registered charter planes that were supposed to be used for "extraordinary rendition" crashing inside the US borders with tons of 99.9% pure cocaine as their cargo (at least twice), to a former head of the DEA admitting on tape that the "War on Drugs" is pointless since the CIA has been a major importer of narcotics since the 1970's. Then there was the ridiculous staged suicide / murder of investigative journalist Gary Webb of the "Iran-Contra scandal" fame who was about to produce credible witnesses and evidence that linked names of the big players involved (high level CIA officers, the Clintons) in setting up the means for narcotics to be delivered through a Mena, Arkansas airport. If this video turns out to be the real thing, it will have any honest media beating down Ron Pauls door to get further information on a statement he recently made at a Campaign for Liberty event, where he proclaimed that the CIA is truly running it's own military campaigns throughout the world for it's own benefit. Who's watching the watchers?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sooooo...I'll bite.

Some stories say they were shot, others say its video of a bombing.

Which one is it?

If it is of a bombing, how can you tell that journo's were targeted?

What if alleged journo's were indeed in the company of an IED emplacement team, or armed band of bad guys?

Does this have to be an MKULTRA conspiricy about the CIA?

·
Registered
70 Posts
If these guys are truly able to crack the encryption on the video then of course the Pentagon is interested. It wouldn't matter if the video just showed a soldier jerking off or something. Breaking the Crypto is vastly more important to OPSEC sensitive folks. Having people read your mail is more damaging in the long run than just getting an intercepted message.
It could be all the attention they are getting is from people interested in how they are doing it, not so much what they are going to show.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know the details of this video.......nobody does yet.

Let me ask you guys a question. If you were hardcore Catholics during the Crusades, even though the Vatican waged war on "your behalf", or even if you were in it's direct employ, would that make it OK if you found out that they were habitually molesting children in the Vatican?

We all understand how corrupt most of Congress is now don't we? But everyone else at the top levels of Government who is operating unsupervised are the most innocent people who ever lived? They have greater potential to abuse their resources, and clandestine nature than anyone on earth. Do you have any idea of the line of closely associated blue-bloods that have controlled the CIA since it's inception? Do you have any idea how many times they have conducted operations in which even coup's were staged because someone involved benefited from controlling private industries in places like third world countries? Even if these interests and industries directly took jobs away from American families? Should this country just be run by the CIA and if you don't like it you can die or go to prison, like the Soviet Union? Are you busy waving that flag SO hard that it is obstructing your view of what it is supposed to represent?

Does this have to be an MKULTRA conspiricy about the CIA?
Only if you want to use cheap tactics to make it look like cheezy "conspiracy theory" banter.

WWTFFD? I look at every activity of the various people from the various agencies of the Government and think, what would the founding fathers do?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bigtobe said:
7art said:
If the CIA is shooting journalists, I applaud the CIA for finally doing something useful!
:lol:
If it's true, and people are abusing their power and involved in international organized crime, and they murdered someones son, daughter, wife, mother, father, to cover it up, then that's AWESOME isn't it? That's the American way. Woo, Let's just have ONE news channel and have all of the decisions made for us, Woohoo!~

·
Registered
626 Posts
in for the comedic value :shock:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Let me pull out my crystal ball here....

site claims to have video of a crime and will be posted on such and such a date. claims gov is out to stop them. date comes, no video produced. blames gov for foiling their plan to hoist the truth on the unwashed masses. wash/rinse/repeat conspiracy theory.

cliff's notes: if they had a video ready to post, they would. instead, they play games to loop in those inclined to believe the nonsense.

·
Registered
626 Posts
would this be your long-awaited post???

Collateral Murder
WikiLeaks has released a classified US military video depicting the indiscriminate slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad -- including two Reuters news staff. Reuters has been trying to obtain the video through the Freedom of Information Act, without success since the time of the attack. The video, shot from an Apache helicopter gun-site, clearly shows the unprovoked slaying of a wounded Reuters employee and his rescuers. Two young children involved in the rescue were also seriously wounded. For further information please visit the special project website www.collateralmurder.com.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah, I just caught the video. Helicopter sees a group of men walking, assumes one is carrying an RPG and another has an AK and is cleared to open fire on the whole group (8-12 people). One guy survived, but wounded. He was crawling and the US didn't open fire on him as it didn't appear he was armed after falling. A van pulled up almost immediately to load the injured man, and that's the point when the US Helicopter opened fire again. Afterwards a few tanks rolled onto the scene and found two children in the van, they were not visible at the point the helicopter opened fire. They were transported to a local hospital by the US ground forces.

I don't see anything wrong with it, to be honest. The guys in the helo had reason to believe the group was armed insurgents, and they had no prior knowledge of children in the van before opening fire. The van appearing immediately after an attack would seem extremely suspicious.

Yeah, it's tragic, but it is war.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You gotta be kidding. You don't shoot somebody from a Helicopter with a 30mm cannon unless you are sure they are armed enemies! Iraquis and all those people are HUMAN BEINGS like you and me, never forget that. :evil: To me they should be investigated, even more give the man that gave the OK to shoot a martial court. :x

·
Registered
626 Posts
do you mean 'court martial'?

Let's run through this....there's a war on. Its 2007, the height of the insurgency where ambushes of US troops occur several times a day. the pilot and gunner are highly trained. the video is a live feed viewed by their C2. they identify what appear to be the enemy, apparently setting up an ambush. Doubt that? Listen to their urgency in their voice, asking for permission to engage. That's not bloodlust to kill innocents. That's an earnest desire to protect their brothers on the ground.

in hindsight and with the clarity of not being in the adrenaline of the moment, to me, its clear there's no RPG in the pic. But, my view on that is clouded with the current knowledge a journalist was killed in the engagement. One would have to view that video as the pilot and gunner did...without the clarity of hindsight (or in our case, knowledge of what really went down). Thinking that they indeed engaged combatants, they again engaged to keep other perceived combatants from removing the evidence from the scene. Knowing the identity of the combatants is valuable intel in combating the insurgency (which was a MAJOR issue at the time). Clearly, the gunner, pilot and C2 had no intention of killing civilians, children or journalists(why would they? the OP implies it was intentional to 'silence' them).

So, to me, the video is not at all damning of the soldiers. War is hell. Nobody there wins, soldiers or civilians alike.

That leaves the coverup. I'll have to do some more reading on that (I'll post it here if I find anything useful, on either side) to form an opinion. Early indications are that there's a shameful story to tell on our side. :cry: :(

·
Registered
161 Posts
PGT said:
....there's a war on. Its 2007, the height of the insurgency where ambushes of US troops occur several times a day.
Can't speak or anyone else, but I watched the video and saw EXTREME restraint by highly trained soldiers.

Good shooting, by the way. Much better shot than I.

Jack

·
Registered
284 Posts
At 4:06 - 4:20 you can see a guy taking cover behind a building, holding what they claim is an RPG. It actually looks bigger than that to me, but I'll trust the human eyeballs that had a clear view of it over the pixelated black and white video.

At 4:19 - 4:20 you can see the guy bring the weapon up to the firing position, and just before he disappears behind the building you can see a reflection off the weapon, and that it is definitely being aimed at them.

Journalists that don't want to be killed shouldn't be hanging out with the enemy while they are trying to kill Americans. That will get you real dead real quick.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have no problem with this at all. If a journalist embeds himself with enemy, then he risks being shot. I clearly saw an AK and an RPG. War is a messy thing and those who are not ready for blood will lose to those that are (ie religous extremist waging war on us). I actually think are military is too careful about rules of engagement. It appears to me the helicopter pilots were very careful about identifying targets and even calling for approval before firing. It is a shame the journalist was killed but I don't think the gov owes their families any money and that being on the enemy's side comes with grave danger.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts