SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

Will you contact YOUR senator(s) to thank them for voting against Holder or tell them you are disapp

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
The Dark Times are Upon Us

Since both Senators from my state voted against Holder, I wrote them both personally to thank them for their support of liberty. Like many Democrats, Holder fears and mistrusts the citizens of this country and believes a safer America is one where its people have no right or opportunity to protect themselves or their families and property. We now enter an era where good Americans are the enemy of the Federal Government and foreign terrorists and criminals become a protected class. It is a dark time for law abiding American citizens.

· Registered
8 Posts
hylander said:
It is my misfortune to have both of my senators vote for his nomination. I was rather shocked to see that they did.
Write them and tell them how you feel. Here is the thank you I sent Kay and John:

I just wanted to thank you for your vote against Eric Holder in his confirmation hearing for Attorney General. Mr. Holder is a proven enemy of gun owners, but beyond that he is a proven enemy of all law abiding Americans. Holder represents a paradigm shift in the basic tenants of justice in America where law abiding citizens exercising their rights of free speech, assembly, and to act to protect their homes and family will become his targets through Justice Department policies and executive orders. Meanwhile terrorists and criminals will receive unprecedented support from his office as proven by his clemency and pardon recommendations for members of the Boricua Popular Army, who are known terrorists and criminals.

We now enter an era where good Americans are the enemy of the Federal Government and foreign terrorists and criminals become a protected class. Like many Democrats, Holder fears and mistrusts the citizens of this country and believes a safer America is one where its people have no right or opportunity to protect themselves or their families and property. Holder’s appointment represents one of the darkest days for personal liberty and the rights of the law abiding, and I appreciate your valiant, if futile, efforts to stop his appointment. I know you will continue to work to represent the interests of law abiding citizens and the Constitution, and for that you have my thanks and appreciation into the future.

· Registered
8 Posts
hylander said:
Chambliss simply skirted the issue like a politician does and left it at that. I regret voting for him now.
While I am surprised that Chambliss voted for Holder, especially since he could have voted against him (along with all the Republicans) and Holder would still have been confirmed, I'm sure Chambliss believed there was some political advantage to be gained by supporting Obama's nominee, but voting for someone like Holders sends a bad message and I think Chambliss made the wrong choice.

Nevertheless, to your point about regretting your vote. What choice did you have? Other than this stain, Chambliss has a very good record on Second Amendment issues and his opponent, Jim Martin, is a Democrat and a wild card on his Second Amendment position. Despite this mistake, you voted for the right man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.