Who still owns a SIG556R?

• Sold the 556R.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wood Machine gun Trigger Air gun Handwriting
Here is my 556R Gen2 28C serial back on the counter when I decided to buy it lighltly used back in 2015. She's been collecting dust for a few years. I understand the animosity towards SIG Exeter for the many issues associated with the 556 project and ultimately in it being discontinued. Any advice to make it last its lifetime and what do you think it's lifetime is?

· Registered
20 Posts
Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Gas Camera accessory

My 556R - Looks like almost a reverse twin of GLD1980's Sig. I'm set up to run either the 1.5x4.5 Weaver scope (mounted) or the Vortex StrikeFire, depending on what I am doing. Waiting on a DDLES stock adapter to convert from the factory design stock to an adjustable AR stock. This is my go-to for social situations here on my little 10-acre bit of paradise. Simple, rugged and reliable: She's a keeper! And someday maybe my grandson will carry it.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
View attachment 4355
My 556R - Looks like almost a reverse twin of GLD1980's Sig. I'm set up to run either the 1.5x4.5 Weaver scope (mounted) or the Vortex StrikeFire, depending on what I am doing. Waiting on a DDLES stock adapter to convert from the factory design stock to an adjustable AR stock. This is my go-to for social situations here on my little 10-acre bit of paradise. Simple, rugged and reliable: She's a keeper! And someday maybe my grandson will carry it.
Your rifle looks very sharp. I am going to try your rail covers. I just ordered the black on Amazon. What brand are yours? Thanks

· Registered
20 Posts
My apologies for the delay replying. The last few weeks have been hell on wheels!

I've had those rail covers for some time, but I think they are ERGO brand from Midway USA.

Just installed my DDLES stock adapter. Really nice all the way around...Very pleased.

Old SF

1 - 20 of 39 Posts