SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for dealers that have the 522 or 522 SWAT in stock and the price listed. Other dealers that have them in stock?

I'll list one that I know of so far....

Top Gun Supply - $469

·
Registered
263 Posts
My favorite gun dealer just got three in, at $514 sticker price...I thought about dickering with them for a minute, but then he went in the back room and came out and gave me a free FN hat and T-shirt (it has been my lucky week for FN gear!) so I decided not to entertain the notion...they're pretty cool to me.

I checked it out real closely - it looked pretty nice, and comes in the blue SIG plastic gun case - bit of a surprise for the price...no optics.

Of all the new black rifle looking 22s, I like this one the best & it's a SIG!

I still love my old stainless, laminated Ruger 10/22, but if I was in the market for one, the SIG 522 would be the one that I'd bring back home....

Gotta run -- wanna go see if my Cowboys are going to finish off the Eagles (third times the charm)!

Clyde, about to slide on out the side to watch 'dem Cowboys ride...!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
You must be special because their home page says in stock for $499. I would get one for $349 in a minute.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well I was curious and called GAT just now, they have the 522 for $359.99. I even told him that the web site says 499, he responded saying that I was welcome to pay that. So this is good while they last. I had my doubts about the info, so I must say sorry to the original poster.

Sorry, here's the link
http://www.gatguns.com/

·
Registered
137 Posts
Interesting...

GAT had them instore for $429 a couple of weeks ago, on the clearance rack. They want to move those puppies...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got mine from G.A.T. guns last Thursday. I'm very impressed,especially for $359.+25 to ship.

·
Registered
101 Posts
SIG 522

I paid $409 for mine shipped but it was from KYMTEC gunshop, The owner told me that SIG offered dealers, special pricing on the 522 when they buy 556's.
If I would've known, I would've bought from GAT at $359, would've saved enough to at least buy another Black Dog Mag for it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ouch! I paid $499 for a standard model at Cabela's a few weeks ago. Hate to waste money, but it's my bad for not doing any research and buying on a whim. Went to pickup some ammo and there she was, I had to have her, right then and there! Oh well.

All my buds are buying Colt and S&W AR-type models for our plinking contest. We explained to the wives (and ourselves) how we'll save money using .22 LR ammo. Which is actually true for a change.

Zeus, you should buy one! Fun, fun, fun. And really accurate also. I'm at 3 inch groups at 50 yards with a 1x red dot. Just added a Leapers 1-4x28 scope, so we'll see where it ends up. Also, very picky eater, but very reliable with good ammo. Zero failure to anything on 600 rounds of CCI MINI-MAG and Federal Game-Shok.

·
Registered
119 Posts
tomorrow...

I will add a 522 (not sure which model - my dealer has "one" coming from his distributor. I'm not working now so I have a deal worked out with my gun shop - I bring something from deep inside my safe (call it something I haven't shot in a long time) and we trade. Among guns I've traded for this year include a Marlin 1895CB in .45-70, Henry Big Boy in .44 Magnum, Ruger 10/22 Race gun, Kimber Tactical Pro II, and a S&W M &P 15-22.

As I said, tomorrow the trades will be for a Sig 522 and a Suomi K31 semi-auto 9mm.

My .22 "tactical" collection now contains a Colt M4 .22, the S&W, a Professional Ordnance Carbon 15 .22, a GSG5 pistol, and a ARMI AR22. The ARMI .22 looks like a Viet Nam era M16 with triangular handguard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Phazuka said:
Looking for dealers that have the 522 or 522 SWAT in stock and the price listed. Other dealers that have them in stock?

I'll list one that I know of so far....

Top Gun Supply - $469
i purchased mine a couple of weeks ago from Bachman's Pawn & Gun at the Pasadena gun show. $378 & change out the door.

·
Registered
119 Posts
a pair of new rimfires...

After some hard work my gun pimp was able to get me a Sig 522. With Sig's specials going on "Buy a 556 and get a 522" it was hard for their distributors to get a 522 without the 556. Since I have a 566 that was only $966 out the door after a $100 rebate, I couldn't see spending close to $2K for another 556 and 522. I also picked up a stray Iver Johnson 55A .22 Target 8 shot revolver...it was trading day; part of the deal was a 59/66 SKS. The optic is a Mueller Red Dot MX1 in; 3 different sized dots with 11 intensity settings in a 30 mm tube.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to update this thread, I got my 522 SWAT thru mississippigal from the other sig site. $490 + s&h. I missed out on the whole BOGO deal and got my SIG556 Classic and 522 seperately. I'm planning on getting a 556 Patrol for an SBR project so I plan on availing the BOGO coupon this next time!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: a pair of new rimfires...

NICE IRONS CHIEF!

cwo4uscgret said:
After some hard work my gun pimp was able to get me a Sig 522. With Sig's specials going on "Buy a 556 and get a 522" it was hard for their distributors to get a 522 without the 556. Since I have a 566 that was only $966 out the door after a $100 rebate, I couldn't see spending close to $2K for another 556 and 522. I also picked up a stray Iver Johnson 55A .22 Target 8 shot revolver...it was trading day; part of the deal was a 59/66 SKS. The optic is a Mueller Red Dot MX1 in; 3 different sized dots with 11 intensity settings in a 30 mm tube.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts