·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a SIG 556 and it is between these two choices:

SIG 556 Green Classic
or
SIG 556 Patrol

I know the Patrol has a shorter gas piston system and will probably be harder on the parts. I am looking for input from people who own or have shot the 556 Patrol; How does it balance and feel? How was the recoil?
Any other particulars about the rifle you liked or disliked?

Thanks in advance for responding.

·
Registered
407 Posts
What are you looking to do with it? Range? Patrol Work? Home Defense?
Hunting?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well the patrol version is not as front heavy as the full size. Not sure how many times a year you have to qual or how much training you do, but baring Ninja amounts of training and quals the patrol will last you a life time. Your best bet is hold both and then imgaine holding the rifle shouldered for a long period of time. If the fullsize is no problem then get that one, but if you think it is front heavy and might be a problem?????? I have an SBR version, which uses the short piston, I have NO PROBLEMS with the short piston. Also a side note Magpul is teaching support hand way foward shooting. I am 6' and on the SBRs I wind up having to chicken wing bad or burn the shit out of my hand because of the short handgaurds. Just something to think about not sure how you shoot. Let me know if I can help more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts