SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm thinking of having my 556 classic barrel cut back with a permanently attached compensator to bring the barrel back to 16" while dropping 1.75 inches of overall length off of the gun. My choices are the Titan compensator and the PWS FSC-556. The Titan is 3.25 inches long and the FSC is 2 and 1/8th. So if I use the Titan, I lose a bit of rifled barrel but also lose the same length of "extra" skinny barrel coming out in front of the gas block. For the velocity/ effective range watchdogs, the PWS would give 14 and 3/8ths of rifled barrel and the Titan a little less at 13 and 1/4 inch of rifled barrel if that would matter in your view. The Titan is little louder from what I hear but is the best you can get as far as muzzle hop and recoil reduction go. Which way would you guys go?
PWS on top and Titan below... (thanks to SigNC for the pic of this outstanding looking rifle I borrowed to photoshop)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Why not maybe a 3 prong or 551 flash hider to complete the original look? :?:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would probably look better to go that route but once I shot with a PWS FSC-556, I was blown away by how flat shooting and recoiless the gun had become. After that I will probably always have a compensator instead of a flash hider on any non-SBR long gun. I'm going to stick with the PWS for this project and get a little more rifled barrel pushing the bullet I think.

·
Registered
41 Posts
or better yet you could choose based on function instead of how it looks. The PWS is quite possibly the most amazing brake to date.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts