Where are you finding parts? (If any at all) | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

Where are you finding parts? (If any at all)

Discussion in '556 Discussions' started by glorifiedholeplugger, Jul 12, 2020.

1. glorifiedholeplugger

glorifiedholeplugger New Member

I figured with all the parts drying up, we could help each other out with spreading the word on in stock parts. I've got a 556 swat patrol I just picked up (before I knew about the parts shortage) and I love it so much I want to make sure it runs forever. So far I've found a spring and a complete bolt head. The spring I'm sure is for a carbine length piston, so I don't think it'll work with the patrol/pistol lengths without modifications. I'm trying to look into surplus parts from overseas, as well as looking at general spring manufacturers to see if they already produce springs that would work. It's a long shot, but what else is there.

556 Recoil Spring
    https://www.gunsprings.com/SIG-SAUER (SIGARMS)/cID2/mID4/dID433https:

Various Parts, including BCG and completed or stripped bolts.
    //www.gatewoodsupplyco.com/556_c_71.html

muffe likes this.
  2. CGRBB

CGRBB Active Member

You’re on the right track. This topic has been pretty-well beaten you death. I am of the belief that parts availability isn’t really a problem. Between Gatewood and GunBroker, you’re covered. The only failures I have personally experienced are an extractor pin walking out, a recoil spring disintegrating, and an op rod bending. These all happened in the same gun, which happened to be a Patrol model, but it had seen a lot of rounds and perhaps high heat.

I wouldn’t worry about it. I don’t know how much you shoot, but I think I shoot more than the average bear, and I have never experienced any issues other than those previously mentioned.

3. LKY13

LKY13 Member

Parts shortage? I've not had any problems locating parts. Built up a few recently for a buddy of mine that is also heavily into SiGs. A P556, and currently working on a 556R for him. Just coated it yesterday in fact. I'm not having any problems finding parts for his, or my own projects. I also use gunjoker or post on the FALfiles or AR15 when looking for something specific. And, have a good local site as a resource. I'm not seeing as many listings when searching for SiG 556 items, recently. I think C-19 has people holding-off on some items they otherwise would be looking to move. Political uncertainty is another.

I have a number of spare parts I need to get around to listing one of these days. Problem is; every time I let something go, I find a use for it a month or so down the road. Usually for someone else's project.

4. CGRBB

CGRBB Active Member

It’s also worth mentioning that gun factory can get damn near anything. If it’s not on their website, ask them about it via email. If it’s a component that’s still in production, they can likely get it.

5. turner56

turner56 Member

I haven't seen any replacement firing pins

6. CGRBB

CGRBB Active Member

Get a bolt assembly.

7. CGRBB

CGRBB Active Member

8. Fringe10

Fringe10 New Member

ive been looking for a Gas Valve/regulator for the sig 556 and no luck you know where one could be. i need one due to it being missing completely one this one. thanks

9. CGRBB

CGRBB Active Member

Gatewood Supply and Gunbroker. Parts are not hard to find. I pointed the member above in the right direction, for his firing pin. You are going to pay a little for spares, as these rifles aren't made anymore, and have become a bit exclusive. So, if you're wanting spare parts for next to nothing, then they are going to be quite hard to find indeed.

muffe likes this.
  10. Fringe10

Fringe10 New Member

not easy at all ive been onto a good number of places so far not found it yet. seen someone making them, now i dont even see that. thanks though if you see it please by all means let me know.

11. CGRBB

CGRBB Active Member

12. Fringe10

Fringe10 New Member

13. CGRBB

CGRBB Active Member

If you are putting it in a 556 or 551A1, with the long gas system, it will work fine. I don't know if I have tried on in a P556, so I can't say whether it'll work in that.