SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

What's on your 556 muzzle?

24K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  Cuda 
#1 ·
Hey guys how about some pics. of what you have on your muzzle? We can all get an idea of what different muzzle devices look like on our favorite rifle. I'll start with a Smith Vortex. :)

See less See more
#5 ·
I put the Colorado Gun Sales PE90/550 style on both my 556's, no crush washer and muzzle blast comes out 360 degrees, not like the OEM that has the bottom sealed off (270 degrees) to prevent dust from flying when shooting prone.

#9 ·
SkyPup said:
I put the Colorado Gun Sales PE90/550 style on both my 556's, no crush washer and muzzle blast comes out 360 degrees, not like the OEM that has the bottom sealed off (270 degrees) to prevent dust from flying when shooting prone.

That's a nice looking flash hider. I like this one, too - a PE 57 style flash hider/ muzzle brake, also from Colorado Gun Sales.

#14 ·
antonyasphalter said:
Works great for a comp (thats what I wanted :D ) not so good as a flashhider though.
Decibles are increased, it now sounds like my Dpms AP4 when I had a phantom flashhider on it (not annoying, just a little louder) :D
Seems like a good compromise. When I hear "muzzle break" I think back to the ban days when I had a Bushmaster carbine with a Mini Y-comp. The concussion from that wretched thing made me really surprised I could still get the wife pregnant years later.....LOL :?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.