SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious as to what lights everyone has on their pistols and what your experience has been (upsides, downsides, recommendation etc). Hopefully there are good lights that are on the cheapish side as we are expecting our first child, and everything is focused on her. Thanks for any and all input, we really appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Fenix TK11

·
Registered
518 Posts
Glock GTL 21.

I wish it was an LED rather than Xenon but that is my only complaint. I have the CR123A batteries that came with it when I bought it a few years back; that is how little I use it. I mostly just check the zero of the laser once or twice a year, or flip on the light when I hear a "bump in the night."

The light is plenty bright but, again having gotten used to LED lights, appears a bit yellow. It has no focus but it really isn't necessary. I prefer my Streamlight TLR-2 but, since I consider a pistol a back-up weapon, it is mounted on my Sig 556. The Streamlight is superior but for just a rugged and ready light/laser combo that won't break the bank and is plenty bright for out to 25 yards (no focus so the light tends to scatter past this distance) then I recommend the Glock GTL21. The GTL 22 is dimmable.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Streamlight TL-1. Hundred bucks and a solid piece of gear.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
None, because I bought a POS SIG branded iTac and it doesn't work. Wish I went with a Surefire or Streamlight :cry:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Surefire X300 with a remote switch on a P226. Works very well. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to strongly grip the pistol and keep the light off but it wasn't hard to figure out at all.

That may change if something goes bump in the night and the old adrenaline is up but in practice it is easy to control on and off.

Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Surefire Scout 600C and m951 with 02 kit as my dedicated weapons light. But I used to use some cheap solar force since I don't mind my 40 dollar taclights getting bruises. Surefire is nothing more than for show really. SInce my AR is nothing more than a cool toy I'd probably just stick to solarforce tac lights... way cheaper than SF.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Re:

Mark A said:
Surefire X300 with a remote switch on a P226. Works very well. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to strongly grip the pistol and keep the light off but it wasn't hard to figure out at all.

That may change if something goes bump in the night and the old adrenaline is up but in practice it is easy to control on and off.

Mark
This is what I am working with currently as well. It is a great combinaion. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts