SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what you guys think a complete (lower, trigger parts, green classic stock, hinge, green sig grip, etc.) classic lower is worth right now.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
...IMO...a classic lower is worth about $400 to $450 ...

...how i arrive at that is it's value relative to the "street" price of an assembled 556 classic less options...assuming $1500 for example...back out the FET of 11 % and you have $1335...the lower is worth about 1/3 or less of the cost of the entire weapon...or in this case about $440...or less !...

...also...keep in mind that the "lower" is not considered a firearm ! ...

...IMO...some dealers are buying assembled 556s and parting them out at "enormous" profits...don't be a "victim" of these unreasonable prices...

...my thoughts anyway... :wink:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I second Ullie's opinion. If it is the older lower I would say even less. Minus the stock, I figure 300.00 to 375.00 for a complete lower. The Classic 375.00 to 450.00 depending on the style of stock.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'd love to buy a classic lower, or trade for my regular. But sadly I can't seem to find one for a reasonable price.

Someone was selling them on Gunbroker a few months back for $1k, yeah right. CO gun sales wants $600 for a stripped lower.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One option is always to buy a used 556 classic rifle for $1,150 or so and sell your original rifle for $950 or so. Anybody wanting to trade their classic lower for a non-classic is going to want $300 or so added to the deal to make it an even trade.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I can't I live in CT, I can only buy a Sig SCM. If it was that simple I would have done it a long time ago. I can stick whatever lower I want on the thing as long as the upper says SCM on it.

I'll hold out until I find the right one, or person to make the trade. If not I'll just bit the bullet eventualy and buy a real 550 lower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts