SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new P556 out and ran a couple clips through it shooting targets at 100 yards to get used to the factory sights. I noticed the backplate has come loose. The serial number is in the low 2,000's. Any suggestions? I really like the gun. It just feels right in my hands and it's not often I feel that way about a gun but the backplate issue is a problem.

I'll try to attach a file here. I'm not sure if I'm to use the IMG link or the html link from photobucket.

Thanks!

[/img]

·
Registered
407 Posts
The plug simple screws in and out. Just tighten it back up. Very simple fix. Enjoy.

PS you owe me 10 pushups.....Magazines not clips....JJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

Wow, that was easy. If every fix on this gun is that easy I'm going to be a happy owner. I feel like an idiot and I'll probably ask more stupid questions in the future so thanks and sorry in advance. When it comes to learning about my gun I'm willing to look like an idiot but I'll try to avoid it as best I can. It was nice of you not to rub it in too bad :!:

Thanks!

·
Registered
407 Posts
No problem, glad eveything worked out. There are always guys and gals here to help, just ask. Enjoy the shooting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All fixed

Thanks, the spring was still there. Tightened it up and she's working great. Heading back to the range tomorrow!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts