SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Re: What ammo will feed in a Sig 556 SBR 10 inch? What rifle

alfred10 said:
What is the rifleing in a Sig 556 SBR 10 inch? What ammo will feed and what ammo will be most accuret with the set up? Will wolf harm the weapon?
...i don't recomend shooting Wolf...or similar ammunition or surplus ammunition of questionable origin...

...any reasonably powered ammunition should cycle the weapon just fine...both commercial .223 Remington or 5.56 NATO ...in bullet weights from about 50 to 77 grains...

...you'll get your best accuracy with the heavier and "longer" projectiles out of the 1/7 twist barrel...becuase your barrel is only 10 inches...and the bullet will develope lessor velosities...the spin imparted on the bullet will be "roughly" the same as shooting the ammunition out of a ~ 1/8 twist 14.5 / 16 inch barrel...that's a good thing...

·
Registered
678 Posts
if you have a 1/7 twist 75gr hornady match ammo will delight you to no end, 55gr pmc will make you want to throw your gun away, if its 1/10 twist pmc will make you still want to throw your gun away the korean m855 62 gr green tip works great and is quite accurate, just my experience, the only other round I have shot is the RUAG gp90 63 gr and its moa in 1/10, all shot out of an 8 inch barrel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts