SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you read this and yell "MAG...IT'S A MAG PROBLEM!!!!" all I use are Pmags and this has occured with different mags, and the gun is not dirty or under lubed when this occurs.
I have been getting FTFs when shooting Silver Bear and Wolf Military Classic both 55gr (the only steel cased ammo I have shot). I have never had a single problem with any brass cased ammo. Every once in while I will have a few rounds that do not chamber...the action cycles after a shot, but then it drops on an empty chamber and Ill have to hand cycle the round. If I put the gas valve on the higher position everything cycles fine. So is this just an underpowered ammo problem??? I only have about 500 rounds through it, so could this go away after further breaking in the rifle? Or, could there be some other reason the gun doesn't seem to like steel cases.
I mainly shoot brass cased ammo anyway, but I have about 800 rounds of Wolf and Silver Bear sitting around waiting to get gobbled up. So, I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced a similar issue, and what they did about it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
It is a steel cased ammo problem, not a magazine problem.

That ammo SUX :!:

If you are going to use Steel Cased ammo, try using Brown Bear Steel Cased 62 grain, it is much higher velocity with less FTF, FTE, etc.

·
Registered
261 Posts
All I shoot is cheap Russian crap. I even hunt with it (very effectively).
Never had a problem.

I will say Bear is better than Wolf.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts