SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively.
The Constitution of the United States requires a bill to be voted on and passed by both houses, and signed by the President in order to become law.

Every person who has swore an oath to defend and protect the Constitution must, according to their oath, step forward and do what they can to prevent this perversion from occurring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
There will be a Supreme Court challenge to the BS that the Congress and Senate are trying to pull off in order to pass Obamacare...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
I don't think it will reach the Supreme Court. Apparently the President has little regard for the Supreme Court anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
nycstripes said:
There will be a Supreme Court challenge to the BS that the Congress and Senate are trying to pull off in order to pass Obamacare...
One of my congressmen was on the radio this morning saying that 37 states are already lining up legislation to nullify any kind of obamacare in their state, and that independent lawsuits are even more likely.

I love how in one sentence Obama can rail against the insurance industry at the exact same time he's promoting a bill that will require citizens to...you guessed it, buy a private policy from the same evil insurers.

These people aren't stupid, they're doing everything they can to set up a single-payer government system. The ultimate goal is more power, more control.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
ptco911 said:
I don't think it will reach the Supreme Court. Apparently the President has little regard for the Supreme Court anyway.
The President has no say whether a challenge makes it to the SC or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
elnonio said:
ptco911 said:
I don't think it will reach the Supreme Court. Apparently the President has little regard for the Supreme Court anyway.
The President has no say whether a challenge makes it to the SC or not.
I am aware of that, but why should Obama care what the SC says or rules? He has moved huge amounts of power to the executive branch with executive orders.

When the time comes Obama will find a reason for a national emergency and impose martial law taking the Constitution and the Supreme Court out of the equation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
ptco911 said:
I am aware of that, but why should Obama care what the SC says or rules? He has moved huge amounts of power to the executive branch with executive orders.

When the time comes Obama will find a reason for a national emergency and impose martial law taking the Constitution and the Supreme Court out of the equation.
I'm not holding my breath.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,727 Posts
elnonio said:
ptco911 said:
I am aware of that, but why should Obama care what the SC says or rules? He has moved huge amounts of power to the executive branch with executive orders.

When the time comes Obama will find a reason for a national emergency and impose martial law taking the Constitution and the Supreme Court out of the equation.
I'm not holding my breath.
Don't dismiss this too quickly. The executive branch has been consolidating power for a while now (not just chairman maobama) and as it stands the executive branch has the ability (with minimal help) to declare martial law and dissolve both the judicial and legislative branches.

If I recall correctly, there was a bit of a panic back around election time when the rumor was going around that W. was going to declare an emergency, cancel the election, name himself grand high poobah for life, etc.

The current idiot is much much more popular with the MILLIONS of sheep, whites suffering from white guilt, socialists, illegal aliens wanting their entitlements, etc., etc.

In other words, he can garner a lot of support for a move like that.

Do not mistakenly believe that because 70% or more of Americans are railing against obamacare that those same 70% would stand against a power grab during an emergency of some sort. Especially one that he can make look like the best solution for is to throw all the power to him so he can 'get the job done'. Don't laugh, it's more possible than most people think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
restoring said:
Don't dismiss this too quickly.
Neither will I give into the prevalent delusional (I was going to say semi, but no need to qualify) conspiracy theories, paranoid power grabs, return of the Reich and other assorted "EOTWAWKI/SHTF" fears that seem to fester on so many web boards. No wonder the rest of society is seemingly looking in and wondering whether we all live in the same country.

Seems like the cycle has repeated itself: I got a firearm, joined a new mailing list or rejoined an old one, participated, and eventually felt like I landed in an alternative universe! Seriously, it's as if people actually long for the situation to take a turn for the worse, in order to live some idealized version of the American Revolution or Red Dawn!

The funny thing is, the same self-righteous, "we know better than the sheeple out there" language held on these boards is similar to what the boards accuse politicians of! One side uses the word Constitution as a talismanic chant to justify calls for action, the others the power yielded by the popular vote, but each side claims to know what is best for the rest.

<sarcasm mode on>But hey, maybe that's the way it works, right? After all might makes right. The other day some anchor woman talking about the congressman that came out of the closet. Her basic assertion was that a congressman should NOT actually follow the wishes of her constituents but do "what is best". Now *that* was unreal.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top