SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed a good truck/ATV/RUV shotgun, and a boat shotgun, so I decided to buy the Mossberg 500 "Just In Case" shotguns. The tube is Schedule 80 PVC (or at least appears to be) and seals watertight to 40 feet and 17 psi. For those of you who are into survival, these can be buried standing up, come with a full length 6-mil plastic ziplock bag, and a full length nylon sling on the tube. I understand the Mariner version floats.

6 shots with 2-3/4" shells. The Sandstorm version was just released and it matches my ATV perfectly. The Mariner version includes a locking back folding knife and a multi-tool -- not Gerber or Leatherman quality, but they would do in a pinch. Overall, for $399, a real good deal for a backup shotgun. Website has people backpacking with these on..."Just In Case"!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Being a lefty, I really prefer the mossy to the remington. This is innovative packaging and I hope mossy sells a ton of them. The sandstorm looks really cool.

·
Registered
591 Posts
these have been around for a bit, though the camo is new. I have a 500 persuader and its a solid gun.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Can you fire both of them at the same time? Could probably do it with a little practic! That would be AWESOME! :lol: 8)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geardo:

Things that make you go "Hmmm...?" :lol:

I think I would have to practice the one-handed/left-handed reload shuck alot!!!

These things work really well slung across your back when you need a backup or a breacher, and nothing with 12 gauge firepower is handier in a tight space -- it is the weapon of choice for the hallway 180 degree spin...! :twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts