SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received and installed my Troy Rail today.

I noticed that the rail installed on the gas block was off by about 1mm to the right (the dovetail also offset slightly to the right)

Once you lock the rail into place (snap it in to align the 3 screws) it moves the dovetail to the right slightly (and aligns the dove tail screw slightly back) and moves the rail approximately 1mm to the right.

I also tried to reinstall the rail by tightening the screw on the forward dovetail first to keep it in place and centered to the gas block, but then I cannot snap in place and align the 3 mounting screws.

I know I can adjust the sight to compensate, but did anyone else run into this issue with their Troy Rail installation?

Wondering if the dovetail is defective, or maybe the gas block is slightly off.

Thanks/Alan

·
Registered
524 Posts
I only had one problem during the installation of my troy rails.

I had to sand/file a bunch of excess paint from the rear-most mounting stud on the receiver. It was way too tight to fasten the rail onto.

After being forced to remove my swiss original front sight from the gas block; i opted to add Troy's DOA rear folder and an HK front folder. All of the Troy sight hardware is very well built and groups very respectably at 50.

No other problems during install.

·
Registered
51 Posts
alaninsea said:
Received and installed my Troy Rail today.

I noticed that the rail installed on the gas block was off by about 1mm to the right (the dovetail also offset slightly to the right)

Once you lock the rail into place (snap it in to align the 3 screws) it moves the dovetail to the right slightly (and aligns the dove tail screw slightly back) and moves the rail approximately 1mm to the right.

I also tried to reinstall the rail by tightening the screw on the forward dovetail first to keep it in place and centered to the gas block, but then I cannot snap in place and align the 3 mounting screws.

I know I can adjust the sight to compensate, but did anyone else run into this issue with their Troy Rail installation?

Wondering if the dovetail is defective, or maybe the gas block is slightly off.

Thanks/Alan
Alan,

To tell you the truth I have no idea what might be off but if you decide to force them into place you might have an issue with consistency and/or accuracy. I also have an issue installing Troy's quadrailing where the attaching holes don't quite match.

What I did was to make sure that the 3 attachement points of the rail to the upper receiver was done right since, I would think that the upper receiver should be trued or inline and parallel to the barrel.
Once I tighten the screws and went to install the dove tail block is when I realized that there was an issue (similar to your problem) where the tapped hole on the dove tail block does not line up perfectly to the rail's mounting lip.

I have contacted Troy Industries Support and I'm currently waiting for them to return my call. I'm going to ask them if they can ship me an un-tapped dove tail block (similar to the one below).

I'm thinking that if they are able to do this for me, I would be able to drill & tap the hole where it should be. I'll keep you posted.

If anyone else have other ideas please chime in.

Thx.
Max

1 - 3 of 3 Posts