SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who live out in the countryside and can only get Internet access through dial-up, here is one picture you may be interested in waiting for while you enjoy your favorite beverage as it downloads, that is, if you would like to see a "set" of FN SCAR 16Ss on display...!

This one is for you, Wise Old Wolf!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Clyde said:
For those of you who live out in the countryside and can only get Internet access through dial-up
That covers me well!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Clyde,

You just gave me a broner! I AM SO JELOUS!!!

I love the Scope on the right one! Had that CQT? on my first tour with the M16, and loved it.

This is me reacting to you showing off and bragging about your 3 SCAR's Clyde...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boNw83Kx ... re=related

Oh another thing. Can you get a shot of the BUIS in line for me? I was wonder if it's the same sight picture on Modern Warfare 2. I know, I KNOW, it's a video game, but I want to see if it's just like it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sgt. Geardo:

That is a Leupold Mark IV CQ/T - you have a good eye to see that. I like it although some people don't prefer the smaller objective. Optics are really a matter of personal preference, but I am used to smaller sight windows from ACOGs, Aimpoints, EOTechs, and the CQ/T, so these work fine for me.

I'm really not trying to brag, or make anyone jealous, or cause any other (ahem) reaction...shall we say, by posting these pictures. I just like guns a lot, and I admit my unbridled enthusiasm might get the best of me once in awhile. I really do enjoy the 556s and the SCARs, they are just cool rifles. I just get so stoked about these that I wanted to share them with like minded people, not to make people envious or suffer from "keeping up with the Joneses" issues -- I just thought people would enjoy seeing the pictures.... May have gone a little overboard once I learned how to post pictures, but my enthusiasm is so strong for this hobby - can't really help myself sometimes!

I will see if I can get a BUIS alignment shot for you. I play a lot of first person shooter (FPS) games myself (I call it rainy day therapy), so I know about how fun that is, too! I have been playing Modern Warfare 2 a lot -- so realistic for a game. Battlefield Bad Company 2 is pretty cool, too. I play Far Cry 2, all four F.E.A.R. games, all three HALOs (may buy ODST soon), and just about any FPS game I can find that gets decent reviews. They're all cool fun, so I can definitely relate to your request. I'll see what I can do for ya on that!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Clyde,

By all means show off your collection! I love to see them guns! I was just tryin to make a chuckle! Did you click the link? But I am jelouse! :D

Yeah I have taken to battle , Eotech, ACOG, Aimpoint and the CQ/T. I liked all of them. I wish I hadn't sold my CQ/T a couple of years ago. I would definitly be painted and on my SIG.

Have you tried the Magpul AFG? I'm wondering how it would be on a SCAR. I took it off my sig to put a bi-pod to make it a semi long range target rifle for now.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sgt. Geardo:

I have tried the Magpul AFG on a LEO friend's Colt M4 Commando -- I like the feel and look of it, but I really like the vertical grip better (I guess because I am used to it). Very good prices on it, comparable to CAA grip. Its innovative, but I really like being able to grab my gun by the vert grip to swing it up to shoulder it, the AFG does not provide that leverage.

I just bought three Grippods -- I hung one on the black SCAR, the one with the steel reinforced legs is going on my SOCOM II (heavy beast), and I think I am going to put the other light Grippod on the first 556 I bought (the 3xxx version) because it is quite accurate at up to 200 yards (= to farthest shot on the ranges I frequent). I know some people scoff at putting a bipod on a carbine, but this is more vertical grip than bipod, and these guns are all capable of 600 yards and in, with the 5.56 caliber, and more than that with the SOCOM II. I also like being able to deploy the bipod both for shooting, and for propping up the gun while it is cooling down...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lumbergh:

Now that was funny! Thanks for the laugh, and for the funny movie memory! Harold & Kumar go to White Castle, or something like that? I saw that and remember the characters...especially that cop...can't recall the name of the movie exactly...but it was funny!

Clyde

·
Registered
472 Posts
"YOU BOYS LIKE MEXEECO!!"

·
Registered
690 Posts
Thread revival. Nice SCARs, Clyde! I joined the club again. Got the upper back from ADCO after the cut back/ thread/ crown/ perm attach brake/ open port job. Here is my meager single SCAR 16S...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts