SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really looking forward to this show when I first saw it advertised. It looked good: Get a bunch of shooters from different disciplines, give them a different shot or course of fire each week, most misses or slowest time goes home. I was amped, to say the least since the show was on a mainstream cable channel and it would be an opportunity to showcase people enjoying firearms and employing good gun safety. The show might change somebody's mind about guns or get somebody off the fence when it came to the decision to buy a gun or not.

Sadly, this is not the case. Sure, the interesting courses of fire are there (last night's show featured a chair attached to a zip line), but it's set up like a reality show where the contestants are divided into two tribes...I mean, teams and live together in a big house so that the "human drama" off the range can play out. When a team loses the challenge, the team is brought together and they select two members to shoot against one another with the loser going home. Color me disappointed.

If the show were hosted by a washed up '80's rocker they could have called the show, "Glock of Love."

·
Registered
472 Posts
I was excited about the show as well. but then as it first started playing on the first episode I knew it was gonna be another drama filled reallity show with people feelings getting hurt by the best shooter...

And it is. I DVR it and watch the shooting parts but that's it. 15 minuntes of shooting with 45 minutes of Crap. History Channel has stooped to a new low. Thanks for nothing! I'm VERY dissapointed in this show :cry:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Too much cry baby , macho, BS for me. I watched the ass that was supposed to be Top Glock Supper whiz bang double Grand Master competitor and could not hit crap from 25 ft, not yards! feet! :? And was whining and bitching because it was a Beretta 92. Angle of the grip, sights were off, Bla, Bla, Bla. Funny, everyone else was hitting without any issue. Not my choice of weapon for a multitude of reasons, but still not a bad weapon. For me, Glock is the ticket. But each to their own. Cool relays, would love to try the zip line deal, whoever came up with that, I would like to meet and buy a beer.
Last week had the super trooper ex Marine, Who I thought would walk away with the rifle competition, but fell apart on his challenge and never hit the target after way too many rounds went down range. Then he thought the kid would be an easy kill on the elimination challenge and was smoked badly buy the kid. The Marine went home... :cry:

I also DVR it to fast forward past the BS.

What I don't get is they replaced Mail call and the other Gunny show with this???? :shock:
Bring back the Gunny! :evil:

·
Registered
132 Posts
They were supposed to be the best of the best, I could out shoot half those jackasses. That one guy firing 30 rounds and missing???!!!! What the heck was that? The "Kid" was my favorite, he smoked the other guy.
The B-92 is one of the most natural pointing automatics made, how can anyone whose a firearms expert miss? OK show, but BRING BACK the GUNNEY! I'd like to see them have a shootout against the Gunny.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yeah, the kid is going to kick all their asses! They try to eliminate him every time and he sends them home crying to mama... :lol:

And I agree, the Gunny would have a Field day with these pukes! :p

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
two things....

Now that this sorry show is over, are they going to BRING BACK GUNNY?!?!?!?

and... has anyone else seen the commercial where Gunny is a psychiatrist and rips the guy on the couch a new one, then throws the tissue box? Classic Gunny.

Get ready to laugh if you haven't seen this...

·
Registered
365 Posts
restoring said:
....has anyone else seen the commercial where Gunny is a psychiatrist and rips the guy on the couch a new one, then throws the tissue box? Classic Gunny.

"Namby-pamby land." :lol: :lol: Then he throws the tissue box -- "Cry-baby."

I loved it. Still laugh at it when I see it on TV.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'd like to see the unrated version. Guess I could just go watch a little of "Full Metal Jacket," and get some of that effect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts