SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts

Pretty impressive. But I wonder how much our front-heavy rifle is already blunting recoil and actually helping this compensator be even more effective? In any case...Do want!

The PWS compensator on a SCAR 16s is so effective it inspired this absurd thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=24&t=313042 :shock:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not a very interesting thread over yonder, but a lot of bashing on a silly topic. The video however, was pretty cool. I wonder how it compares with the Lavang Comp.? I just picked up one of those from Brownells and haven't been out with it yet. Looking forward to feed back from anyone who's shot with both.

·
Registered
690 Posts
ddnuts said:
Not a very interesting thread over yonder, but a lot of bashing on a silly topic. The video however, was pretty cool. I wonder how it compares with the Lavang Comp.? I just picked up one of those from Brownells and haven't been out with it yet. Looking forward to feed back from anyone who's shot with both.
The Titan appears to be similar in intent to the PWS FSC-556. Both of those muzzle devices reduce recoil and almost eliminate muzzle hop. The Levang doesn't really do anything for muzzle hop but does port the gases straight out forward seemingly reducing the excess blast esp. from shorter barrels. After shooting the FSC-556 on a SCAR, I switched from the Levang to the FSC-556 on a 556 SBR and it was WAY flatter shooting with barely any recoil. But it was WAY louder also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Accomplice. I appreciate the info. I wonder how the FSC would work on a 16'' Classic. I don't know if I want to deal with more noise. It's a tough trade off, but I will get proficient with the Levang and see how I like it and go from there.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The FSC-556 doesn't sound too bad at all on a 16" SCAR. I bet it isn't bad on any barrel that length.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ddnuts said:
Thanks Accomplice. I appreciate the info. I wonder how the FSC would work on a 16'' Classic. I don't know if I want to deal with more noise. It's a tough trade off, but I will get proficient with the Levang and see how I like it and go from there.
I have one on my Classic. I had on on my Spikes one on my DDM4 and one on my last two 556's! I think there the best thing out there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for that AC45ACP, I'm going to look into getting one for mine.
Now I wonder if the Levang will do anything on my 522? Hmm...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts