SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

The literal Meaning of "Kick Ass"

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ShootingSight 
#1 ·
Enjoy!

Just WOW! I found this pic in a Facebook group "keep your laws off my guns" There are alot of people out there think it's a fake because of the barrel glow. Amazing how much people can talk down on stuff they know nothing about.

See less See more
#4 ·
I would assume the wavy tail on the tracer is from the camera, kind of the way the tail lights in night time highway photos look like solid red lines instead of red dots. Cameras arn't perfect, but the shutter speed on that one is still amazing to be able to see the individual barrels as it spins. Bitchin photo

#5 ·
I'd imagine the photo was taken with an open exposer time... Caputures all the light and will make "like tracers" out of moving lights and such. And I think the tracer lines movement is just movement of the gun itself.

know what I mean?

#7 ·
7art said:
If the picture were just the result of multiple tracers while the barrel was moving, you'd see multiple tracer lines, but you don't. So I assume the projectile path is actually moving.
HUH!? :?: Why would you see multiple lines? Each barrel fires in the same place. I think it's at or around the 12 o'clock position. Each barrel has it's own firing pin, bolt and so on.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech ... -operation

Or just did I just completely miss understand what you are talking about... :lol:

I think I found the original web page...

http://kr.blog.yahoo.com/shinecommerce/ ... 1275537725

Or not... these pics are all over the net.... lol

#9 ·
The point is that there is a bend in the ttracer tail just downstream of the muzzle.

My hypothesis is that this is from the erratic flight of the bullet as it leaves the barrel.

Someone suggested (if I understood correctly) it might be because the photo had superimposed several tracers on top of each other, each with a slightly different path.

My last post, I was saying I did not think that was the case, because if multiple tracers with different paths were seen, you would see several tracer paths, not just one with a funny bend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.