SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for inexpensive ideas on how to make the Classic's stock more solid. It seems to me that most of the movement is coming from the telescoping feature rather than the folding option. Does anyone think that the telescoping components of the stock could be epoxied to a rigid position while still allowing the stock to fold? Also, can anyone explain to me how the segment just behind the hinging segment is removed? With that taken apart it should allow access the pour in epoxy. Please give me some pros and cons for what I propose. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I would not go that route but rather sell the classic stock and add a solid Swiss stock. A cheap fix, yes, but you still have an inferrior stock that also I believe would be heavier.

·
Registered
186 Posts
classic stock

I have removed the cover just behind the folding mech.
i can post some pics if you want.
if you lock the tele part of the stock it must be in the extended position to mate with the stob that latches the stock in the folded position.
i agree that you like the non- tele. swiss stock better.
i paid $230 shipping and all fore my swiss stock and i am very happy with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks pistol fixer, I'd appreciate some photos. I'd like to see it apart to decide if I want to try the gluing method.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This was how I dealt with it:

First I removed the buttstock and set it aside.
What you'll see is a series of 3 notches, 1 for each of the 3 extension settings.
I cut strips of black duct tape, maybe 6" long and about 5/16" wide, and 1 at a time carefully pressed them into the notches, starting a little forward of the forwardmost notch and moving towards the rear (being careful to get the tape to maintain the geometry of the notch). Don't recall how many strips it took to get it tight, but it only about 4 or 5.
Hardly has any play in it all now, and I can still readily change the buttstock position.

·
Registered
220 Posts
That's an idea worth trying! :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Anyone who has a classic stock the don't like, I'll trade you straight up my regular lower with the A2 stock for your classic lower and stock. I'll even pay S&H.

The A2 stock doesn't rattle!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts