SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gun gods have been gracious to those who did not heed the awesomeness of these pistols. :twisted:

You're receiving this newsletter because you SIGNED UP AT www.steyrarms.com
OR PURCHASED ITEMS FROM OUR ONLINE STORE.
Having trouble reading this email? View it in your browser. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe Instantly.

STEYR ARMS, INC., JULY 2010

Steyr Arms Importing Additional Pistols!

We are pleased to announce that Steyr Arms will again import the Steyr MA-1 and SA-1 line of pistols starting in August. SAI will import additional quantities of both models in both a 9mm version as well as a .40 S&W. The MA-1 and the SA-1 were two of Steyr's best selling models, but the fall of the dollar versus the euro over the last several years caused the price point to escalate far too high to import. Internationally, the pistols sell for 610 Euro or over $800 at a 1.4 exchange rate. However, SAI felt the price point needed to be much lower to truly compete in the US market. Due to a bulk buying agreement with Austria and the recent rise of the dollar against the Euro, it became much more economical to import some additional pistols into the USA. Starting in August, SAI will be re-releasing both the MA-1 and SA-1 versions at a suggested retail price of $649. We are very excited to be able to offer these items again to the Steyr fanatics out there. Thank you for all of the emails and feedback over the last two years encouraging us to bring back the pistol! For more information about the pistol series, see your local Steyr retailer or call us at 205-655-8299. To see specs on the SA-1pistol click here : http://www.steyrarms.com/products/sport ... stol-s-a1/. To see specs on the MA-1 pistol click here: http://www.steyrarms.com/products/sport ... stol-m-a1/.

UNSUBSCRIBE
If you no longer wish to receive this mail please unsubscribe.

© Steyr Mannlicher.
PO Box 840 Trussville, AL 35173 (205) 655-8299

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Yes! I have been agonizing over missing that deal. I will take two please, one in 9 one in 40. :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zeus said:
Yes! I have been agonizing over missing that deal. I will take two please, one in 9 one in 40. :D
Zeus, did we just become best friends?! YUPPPPPP!!!!!!!! (Stepbrothers movie, couldn't resist).
This means I finally can get my S series
Yes, Steyr pistols can in fact kill dinosaurs. It's in wikipedia so it's a fact.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Alright!!! I was one of the fortunate who got the second to last M9-A1 from Dunn's this year...glad to see they will be back! Scooby, I'm with you, I'll be scooping up an S series...you think .40 will still be flippy, or will the low bore axis level it out?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AFkiwi said:
Alright!!! I was one of the fortunate who got the second to last M9-A1 from Dunn's this year...glad to see they will be back! Scooby, I'm with you, I'll be scooping up an S series...you think .40 will still be flippy, or will the low bore axis level it out?
I have one of the few, the coveted, the uber sexy M357 A1(shameless brag :roll:). Obviously that is wayyy hotter/pressure than a .40 and the low bore keeps it sweet and manageable. So a .40 in a S should be smooth like butter. It is my opinion that it will be slightly smoother than a Glock 26 etc. I say that because they are both similar (cough Steyrs are more beefed up) but the bore gives it a advantage. So yep, you are correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts