SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was wondering if anybody knows the correct spring washer orientation under the Rear Popsicle sight.

After removing a couple things from my SWAT to work on the rifle, I failed to take note of how these spring washers are stacked for reassembly, and now have a bit of a "loose" situation for the rear sight.

Any tips?

Thank you,
A.W.D.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He219 said:
Lookup Belleville Washer.

The multiple conical shaped washers create a spring related to the inherent stress-memory induced while compressed.

http://www.discwasherindia.com/gif/disc_washer2.jpg
Thanks, but...

I know what kind of spring washers they are - I make them in fact by the thousands for many of my customers.

My question was:
"What is the correct orientation for installation as designed and engineered by SIG?

There many a few of them and can be oriented in various ways to achieve varying levels of spring tension. How does SIG arrange them at the factory - what is correct as designed for the gun and the sight?

A.W.D.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wiz-of-Awd said:
My question was:

"What is the correct orientation for installation as designed and engineered by SIG?
That's not what you wrote..
:roll:

The photo link shows how to increase tension on your lose sight.

Excuse me for responding.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He219 said:
Wiz-of-Awd said:
My question was:

That's not what you wrote..
:roll:

The photo link shows how to increase tension on your lose sight.

Excuse me for responding.
Well, it pretty much is actually:

From my original post:
"...I was wondering if anybody knows the correct spring washer orientation under the Rear Popsicle sight...."

Correct in the scope of my question is reasonably implied as "...correct orientation for installation as designed and engineered by SIG..."

A.W.D.

·
Registered
144 Posts
For the 556 "popsicle" style (not the paddle) they go like this...

square silver stainless plate against sight, then the three washer stack, it will look like this Sight |()( Receiver

1 - 6 of 6 Posts