SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I sold the 556 and bought this!!
I bought it June 9th

Range on saturday and Duracoat on Sunday!!

Then I wanted to do something a little Different..... Today I Did this

12.2 lbs with Aimpoint M3 and Empty Mag

·
Registered
89 Posts
socom

Great gun choice and very sweet up grade. I have a M14 threw My Police dept and I put on a Troy battle rail and I love it. 3.5 / 10 leupold Mark 4 works great on those guns if you want to go long rang. I know several of my sniper friends shoot there socom out to 800 yrds with us. the guns all love 168 federal match. Hornady make a Camp Perry Match bullet fopr them also.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy crap 800 yards! I would be more than happy with 400 out of this I'm looking for a 3X magnifer for the aimpoint...
I ran 120rds the last time at the range the ammo was DAG 147gr German surplus from '93 and with irons I was in the 10 ring at 100 yrds , I'm not a very good shot so I think this rifle is the first of two or three more I want to build. Next one is a Scout in a Sage Mod 0! now if I can figure out how to get it with out the wife knowing:)

·
Registered
472 Posts
NICE! :shock: :shock: How much did all that run you????

I really want one of those! But there is no way unless I sell my Sig556 as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geardo I sent you a detailed pm!

but for every one else that may want to know..
well you need the
socom those go for around $1400-2000 there are deals ouut there. socom II are a little more..
then you need a troy chassis they range from $550-650 just for the chassis nothing else. or you can get the complete system with BUIS, stock, grip
they range from $950-$1200 depending on the stock and sights..
then you add your favorit optic for ???
so with my crappy math skills for a complete rifle minus optics
on the low side around $2300 and $ 3000 then add you optic
as mine sits it a lot!!! :) :( :-[ bye the way the best mags are springfild mags and they run around $45-50 each......why I do not know

·
Registered
169 Posts
i'm going the scout route in a MCS. i have a springfield bush barrel and USGI SA parts. just waiting for the next batch of LRB's. mine will be close to yours but with an 18" bbl, 1-4x scope and ACS stock.

·
Registered
363 Posts
AC45ACP said:
Holy crap 800 yards! I would be more than happy with 400 out of this I'm looking for a 3X magnifer for the aimpoint...
I ran 120rds the last time at the range the ammo was DAG 147gr German surplus from '93 and with irons I was in the 10 ring at 100 yrds , I'm not a very good shot so I think this rifle is the first of two or three more I want to build. Next one is a Scout in a Sage Mod 0! now if I can figure out how to get it with out the wife knowing:)
Tell her you're buying a security system for the home. It's the...ah...Mia 762308 Scout system. And the good thing is there's only a one time fee of $1600; no monthly payments for service. And the system is so fool-proof that the owner can perform his/her own maintenance. What's not to like? Now where'd you put the check book, hon?

And if all else fails, use the battle cry that liberals always use when trying to pass gun control laws, "It's for the safety of the children."

Leb

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I replaced the PRS with UBR and added RVG
I threw in a 229 to keep the Natives Happy!

·
Registered
363 Posts
bye the way the best mags are springfild mags and they run around $45-50 each......why I do not know
Not so. 44mag.com sells a high quality M14/M1A mag for about half the price of SAI. I've ordered several from them and it's a good, solid mag.

Linky: http://www.44mag.com/products.asp?dept=1318

Leb

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LebbenB said:
bye the way the best mags are Springfield mags and they run around $45-50 each......why I do not know
Not so. 44mag.com sells a high quality M14/M1A mag for about half the price of SAI. I've ordered several from them and it's a good, solid mag.

Linky: http://www.44mag.com/products.asp?dept=1318

Leb
Thanks I'll check them out Right now I have 10 20rds and 5 10 rds SA
Mags so I think I have enough for now...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts