Sneak Preview: SAGE Trigger Guard for SIG 556 | Page 2 | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

Sneak Preview: SAGE Trigger Guard for SIG 556

Discussion in 'New Products' started by ManticoreArms, Aug 10, 2012.

1. banshee

banshee Member

Are the "lugs" as easy to break on the 556 as they are on ARs? AR trigger guard "lugs" will snap off in a heartbeat if you don't put a support under them when you drive the pin in or out.

I didn't keep my 556 lower long enough to look at it real close.

2. ManticoreArms

ManticoreArms Member Supporting Vendor

Just support them when removing and installing the trigger guard and no worries.

3. Reno

Reno Member

I compared my Classic lowers lugs to those on my Colt M4 and the Sig definitely has alot more meat on it.

Still I would not want to use one of my lowers to try to see if it's stronger. ;)

I have seen pictures of some broken Sig lowers, but they were the first gen M4 type.

4. maxluff

maxluff New Member

"The front roll pin can be a bit tricky to get started, even I had to give it a try or two the first time. Best tip is to squeeze the tip of the pin slightly with needle nose pliers, and then hold it in place and start tapping."

I have just installed the SAGE trigger guard with no serious issues. The advise to use the needle nose pliers to assist installation was all I need to place the front roll pin. Perfect complement with my new Gen2 Scorpion grip. Very happy with the quality and function of Manticore Sig 556 parts!

5. ManticoreArms

Alright, a couple of guys have posted they have SAGE trigger guards mounted...let's see some pics!!!

6. maxluff

maxluff New Member

"Alright, a couple of guys have posted they have SAGE trigger guards mounted...let's see some pics!!!"

Attached Files:

7. ManticoreArms

Nice! Flat Dark Earth SAGE trigger guard and Scorpion Grip Gen 2!

I gotta say, I am really happy with the design of the SAGE. Some products go through up to 20+ iterations to get to the final design (The NightShroud flash hider went through 24 iterations, which is our current record holder in the office) but the SAGE is literally what I drew up on the first try, not a single thing changed. 8)

8. Reno

Reno Member

I posted one already but here's a full picture for the full affect. ;)

Attached Files:

9. ManticoreArms

FYI, we have discovered that the current stocks machined for the sidefolder stock take the SAGE trigger guard for the SIG 556 perfectly, but the lowers that take an M4 type buffer tube stock use a standard AR-15 length trigger guard.

For those of you with an "M4 style" lower, we just listed the AR-15 version of the SAGE trigger guard on the website today and it fits perfectly on the lower- just order one of those and you are good to go!

If you have any questions about fitment do not be afraid to ask here, call, or email us.

Sven
    Manticore Arms

10. GEO

GEO New Member

Any video on install would be great for me. Thanks GEO

11. shotdown61

shotdown61 Active Member

OK just went to install but something had me wondering hoe the heck will you ever get the small pin back out if needed?
    Sense the pin does not drive straight threw,no way to get it out unless you break the guard and try to push the pin from the inside.

I am going to see if I can get the Sig spring loaded pin out and put in the sage,Anyone else done this?

12. shotdown61

shotdown61 Active Member

Just to let everyone know that you must read the full instructions before install.
    I am a professional mechanic and we dont usually read instructions lol

The short pin is what will allow you to take the SAGE back off if needed.Duhh

13. SCPOSWUSNRET

SCPOSWUSNRET Member

little off topic but; I bought a grip from you that fit perfect on my 555xi, my MCX is coming in soon, will same grip fit on MCX? thanks!