SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife wants on of these I was wanting to get some thoughts about this gun, or maybe some better ones around the 500 range she has small hands and wants to carry it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have enjoyed the M&P 9C very much... depending on her hand size I would strongly recommend purchasing the extended magazine that supports the pinky/bottom of your hand better. I have large hands so this was a must for me.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
sgranger said:
or maybe some better ones around the 500 range she has small hands and wants to carry it
...a month ago i was looking for a CCW for my wife...she wanted to move up in caliber from a 380 to a nine...after struggling for a month and considering all the options...i choose a HK P2000SK...the DA/SA variant # 3...

...i considered going with a Steyr S-A1 but wasn't comfortable with the "Glock like" trigger system with the passive trigger safty...and considered it a "safty issue" for a concealed carry weapon...BTW...in my opinion...the Steyr M series are the best of the best of these striker fired type weapons with the passive trigger safty...and they are reasonably priced if you can find one...

...i chose the HK P2000SK because it is utterly reliable...wet or dry...dirty or clean...and is safe to carry with a round in the chamber due to the DA/SA nature of the lockwork...likewise...the lockwork requires very little lubrication...just a very light film...or none at all...an important consideration considering lubricants tend to creep and may potentually contaminate primers...

...the recoil is very managable for such a lightweight pistol due to the design...something that is critical for deliberate accurate follow up shots if needed...

...it has excellent ergonomics and points naturally and is well balanced considering the polymer frame...unlike some of the others...

...it is small enough to conceal and light enough to comfortably carry...

...it is durable...easy to breakdown and clean and requires minimal maintence...something that is sometimes overlooked...honestly...IMO...it is the best of the best for your intended use...

... http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products ... eneral.asp

...i know they are expensive...but worth every penny...and you can find a "lightly" used one for around $600 / $650 if you shop around...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Its a great pistol. Its easy to conceal and I love the pinky extension for the magazine.
S&W was kind enough to send me 2 free extensions for the extra mag that came with the gun and the one 1 bought.
Now is a good time to buy because they are running a promo for 50.00 rebate or 2 free mags it ends in late May..

I also like the Sig P250 Subcompact It has some nice features at the same price point like night sights and it can be swapped out with diffeerent caliber barrels like 357 sig and 40 s&w of course that comes with a slide and magazine to match.never priced them either but i think they run about 350.00

My other suggestion would be a glock 26 which is a great pistol.I dontt have much to say on glocks exept they are like the sun everyday its gonna rise and with a glock everytime you squeez the trigger a round will fire unless there's a problem with the round itself.
BTW mine is a glock 19 with close to 4000 rounds since i last cleaned it
im doing my own endurance test to see how long i can go before a round doesnt chamber fire or eject so far not once.and its been 19 months

1 - 4 of 4 Posts