SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of tooling up some slings to sell here to make the extra coin i need for my 551a1 lower.

I have for my self and buddies been making slings for a few years now, i bought a special heavy duty sewing machine just for the job. i make them out of a heavy nylon and use heavy grade threads and clips ect. I have been running one on my hk ump clone for some time and i just cannot get enough of it, I use an hk quick clip as an attaching clip but can do a few other clip styles.

if any one is interested id post some pix, i can do this in any color but at this time i only have black, if a few guys wanted a tan id order that color or if you wanted an od green it would have to be 3 people but id get it.

any way ill get some pix loaded up if every one wants to check them out, btw i also do single double slings like the mag pul ones, i have made my self a single double and it rocks on my ump, have not made one for a sig as my rifle isnt complete but i dont see why it wouldnt work for sigs too

·
Registered
348 Posts
hawk_550 said:
I am thinking of tooling up some slings to sell here to make the extra coin i need for my 551a1 lower.

I have for my self and buddies been making slings for a few years now, i bought a special heavy duty sewing machine just for the job. i make them out of a heavy nylon and use heavy grade threads and clips ect. I have been running one on my hk ump clone for some time and i just cannot get enough of it, I use an hk quick clip as an attaching clip but can do a few other clip styles.

if any one is interested id post some pix, i can do this in any color but at this time i only have black, if a few guys wanted a tan id order that color or if you wanted an od green it would have to be 3 people but id get it.

any way ill get some pix loaded up if every one wants to check them out, btw i also do single double slings like the mag pul ones, i have made my self a single double and it rocks on my ump, have not made one for a sig as my rifle isnt complete but i dont see why it wouldnt work for sigs too

Please post a pic

CB

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good just waiting on getting some hk sling hooks... i had a sling made i have been running my hk ump with and i have miss placed it as soon as i can find it or the hooks come in the mail i can have one made up for you all to see

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have been pleased with the 2 point sling method which utilizes a wire attachment to the gas block and Manticore Arm's slotted rear sling mount. As a rigger and a sailmaker I build my own slings as well. This sling arrangement carries well with no noise or twist in the webbing sling. It has been put thru the 'ringer' with rough carry and close to 1500 rounds with no issues.

Manticore's Slotted Rear Sling Mount:

1/16" mil-spec stainless wire loop to gas block:

View of rear sling attachment:

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here is a kahki tan two point sling with a quick disconnect utilizing Manticore Arm's Slotted Rear Sling Mount:

Close up photo of 'hooded' wire loop with quick disconnect:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts