SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Sig522 take the 551 stock? Will it also take the Griffen charging handle? Also, has anyone gotten a Sig 3prong flash hider from MFI? Are they G2G?

·
Registered
105 Posts
mfi products are GTG

I bought the 552 retaining ring and hand grips, along with the 3 prong 552 flash hider. Michael Frost at MFI is great to work with, he is very customer oriented and helpful.

with mfi's instructions I did all the work myself putting the mfi products onto my p556. mfi has high quality products.

as for the 522 taking the 551 stock, I am curious about that too. I do know the 551 stock will fit the 556 classic lower, and the 522 lower appears to be similar, as for the attachment points - it is not clear to me. would need to put them side by side and check the expanded schematics.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, will the 522 take the 551 (3 vent hole) hand guards without modification or does it need the "zip tie" mod? I'm getting a 551 stock set for my 556 and thinking of putting the 551 handguards on the 522 and get a 551 stock seperately. I will try to mount the one I get for the 556 first and report back on that one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The 556 forward hand guard will fit the 522 as an exact replacement. Also, the gas block guard that holds the front of the guard in place is MUCH tighter on the 522 and required no mods for a good rattle-free fit.

I also installed the DDLES adapter on the my 522 and it's a great mod, but expensive. All in, I paid $240 including a DPMS tube and Magpul CTR stock. One note, the DDLES adapter mounts the stock about 1/2 higher than normal, so no cheek riser is needed, or even wanted.

Best,
=Mark=

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks mark,
what about the sig551 handguards? is that a drop in fit for the 556?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here is a picture of my new 551 style hand guards. I recently purchased from Top Gun Supply. I know that CO Gun Sales also has then available. I would double check with the supplier just to be sure.

Best,
=Mark=

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Timag79 said:
double diamond makes a folding adapter to convert from classic stock to m4 style and it fits both the 556 and the 522 so I am pretty sure the stocks will interchange as well www.doublediamondsupply.com check it out
On the DDLES, do they lock or have a detent when folded to the side?

·
Registered
55 Posts
The link shows the "new" 556 hand guard, which I don't like nearly as much as the older 551 style as you see in the picture posted above. The are essentially the same, but the new one has an odd swirl look to the plastic, not pure black, holes for rails, and different vent holes. I personally like the older style. Call Top Gun and ask for the one you want, both work.

Regarding the DDLES adapter, it does have a locking mechanism. In fact, you need to remove the catch from your SIG side folder to make this work as it's not included in the DDLES adapter. The adapter is a rock solid chunk of billet. Just add a good tube and stock and you're good to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts