SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See what happens if I only work 8 hrs instead in 14!!
I have enough free time to strip the old cammo and Real paint
the SIG,

I believe this is the Base color for my next cammo job I'll be doing
it in Duracoat in the next few weeks! I'm buying my compressor and Air gun
this week and the Duracoat Next week..

What do you Guys think!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Looks sharp!

·
Registered
188 Posts
So just a question, I've had my 556 back to the manufacturer twice now and may need to send it back in the future(not upset really), but I want to paint it FDE and was wondering if you guys think they would void my warranty because of it. Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheney said:
So just a question, I've had my 556 back to the manufacturer twice now and may need to send it back in the future(not upset really), but I want to paint it FDE and was wondering if you guys think they would void my warranty because of it. Thanks
What did you send it back for?
To do it right you need to tare the rifle all the way down. and they might have a problem with that? they do sell the swat in FDE, so they may not even care!?
I'd call them and just ask if you duracoat the firearm will it void the warranty? they don't need any info to answer your question.
let me know what they say!
good luck
AC

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah good answer. I'll call them today about that and let you know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like it if that's the look you are going after. Don't know if I would go to full camo as this looks really good.

Sigmun

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sig 4.0

Well I had the day off today and while I was out doin' Honey DO's , I bought a Air compressor and a Airbrush..
I'm ordering DuraCoat next week because I'm still workin or Colors and patterns.
It's not perfect the black went on a little thin and bled little! This is the first Time I use a air brush.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ooh La La! Version 4.0, she's a real head-turner! Me likey -- unique!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ok just got off the phone with a Sig customer service rep about my out of spec receiver rail and decided to just ask him about paint voiding the warranty on the rifle. His response was "I would avoid it if at all possible, but it depends on the situation of the warranty claim. If we were to have to replace an internal mechanism that was obviously faulty, it should not be a problem, however, in a situation where we needed to replace either the lower or upper receiver, barrel, or gas block, it may come into play. You can paint or change furniture with no problem, though." So right from the horses mouth....I have no idea what this means. Most cases you should be fine, but if your receiver or barrel are screwed so will you also be screwed. But the service is getting really good as the parts I've had replaced in the last 3 incidents have been no questions asked and they seem somewhat cordial now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
cheney said:
Ok just got off the phone with a Sig customer service rep about my out of spec receiver rail and decided to just ask him about paint voiding the warranty on the rifle. His response was "I would avoid it if at all possible, but it depends on the situation of the warranty claim. If we were to have to replace an internal mechanism that was obviously faulty, it should not be a problem, however, in a situation where we needed to replace either the lower or upper receiver, barrel, or gas block, it may come into play. You can paint or change furniture with no problem, though." So right from the horses mouth....I have no idea what this means. Most cases you should be fine, but if your receiver or barrel are screwed so will you also be screwed. But the service is getting really good as the parts I've had replaced in the last 3 incidents have been no questions asked and they seem somewhat cordial now.
Would it be possible to remove the coating if something in those area's did have a problem?

Sigmun

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thats what I did with my Armalite, but it what just rattle can paint. Used acetone to get it off and it went fairly quick except on the plastic parts, but they don't seem to care about those anyway.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The way the Rifle sits right now Brake Cleaner Will remove the paint easily
I just added More black cammo to the rifle and kinda messed it up, So I'll completely Strip off the paint and strip the gun down for the duracoat.
I'm not really worried about the rifle as far as my warranty.. Just like most things I've owned It doesn't Take me long to Modify, Super charge, Lift, Lower my toys and that always Voids my warranty

Examples

1993 Chevy New from dealer to 4 wheel parts 9" lift 4.56 gear and a bad ass stereo. Warranty Voided

1999 Dodge Cummings Lifted in front of my Garage

1993 Saleen SR351 Super Charged 351 6 speed
FAST, did I say FAST 553 HP
It Had a warranty!!!

Warranty's aren't Everything!!
I say Paint that Rifle!! :D

·
Registered
472 Posts
Did some one say paint? :?: :idea: :shock:

All I have to do is get a bi-pod that attaches to the rails, and paint it. then I'm done until I got a real scop for it, and not my wifes...hahaha

AC45ACP,
I like the camo job! Good luck with the duracoat!

·
Registered
188 Posts
So I just threw caution to the wind and multicamed my sig. I'll post some pictures when my roommate gets back.

·
Registered
472 Posts
cheney said:
So I just threw caution to the wind and multicamed my sig. I'll post some pictures when my roommate gets back.
Right on cheney!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts