SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a 229 SCT , Shoots nice, like it a lot. Other than the magazines with the extended base plate, mine came with front slide serrations, and the fiber optic / tritium front sight. I believe that is all that sets them apart from the standard versions.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
?

Thank's for the reply. I'm a Glock guy. I have a G26,G19,G17. I've had my share of high end handguns from Kimber,Les Baer, to H&K and never had a SIG handgun. How you compare it to a Glock 17? I'm aware of the price difference... LOL How is accuracy? Thank's again. 8)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here are some pictures of mine:

What comes in the box (not including lock and tube of lube) -- note the four high capacity mags (and stickers for your range box :) ):

Closeup of gun and mags (I have just cleaned the gun, so forgive the dull slide from wipedown -- CLP is still down in the trunk with my range bag):

And a picture of the Truglo tritium gas front sight -- so easy to pick up and sight in on (this picture was shot on autofocus -- the camera found the sight on its own...hmm...):

Accuracy is excellent (under 1" at 25 yards, bench rested); totally reliable; great sights that are also fantastic at night (SigLites tritium in the rear); DA/SA trigger; very controllable for followup shots -- basically, it is a Blackwater Tactical [or n/k/a Tactical Operations] without the Short Reset Trigger (and okay, no flared magwell, nor bear paw insignias).

How does it compare to a Glock 17? Accuracy wise -- depends on the operator. I can shoot one ragged hole with either gun. That said, I cannot see as well using the standard "goal post" sights on any Glock, so box stock, there is no comparison, for me at least. With night sights, the Glock starts to be more usable, add a compensator to control muzzle flip, and it starts getting interesting, but the price starts creeping up, too. The P226 is legendary, as is the G17. 20 round capacity stock, but the G17 can accept 33 round mags (although you risk breaking them in use because they stick out in the breeze so much, and you look like a mall ninja carrying a machine pistol mag in a semi-auto gun...).

Me, I'd take a SIG P226 over a Glock 17 any day...out of the box, the SCT rules over the G17...comparably equipped, the price difference goes away, and I think the SIG is a better built gun, even then. My opinion.... That is why I own four of them...I believe they're the best 9mm semi-auto for under a grand on the market. Great for target shooting, and self-defense (there are a lot of people who fought against the Germans that are taking dirt naps forever because of 9mm luger rounds, so I don't buy that "not enough gun" talk, especially with modern +P or +P+ hollowpoints), and they hold their value very well, because they have earned a stellar reputation based on their accuracy and reliability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts