SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

SIG Sauer P220 .45 Platinum Elite - Pictures

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Clyde 
#1 ·
My favorite .45 pistol - I absolutely, positively love this precision machined all metal pistol. The aluminum grips are killer. 8) Nested on a 5.11 Tactical Load Bearing Equipment Tactical Holster, attached to a 5.11 Tactical 6x10 pouch (for extra ammo, knife, flashlight, energy bars, water bottle) with 5.11 double mag pouch attached to the molle strips on the reverse side (just in case...).

"The P220® Platinum Elite builds on the exceptional reputation of out-of-the-box accuracy with the addition of SIG’s new Short Reset Trigger or SRT. The SRT provides you the same great safety and smooth action of the SIG DA/SA with a comfortable short reset for faster trigger return and surgical control during high speed shooting. These features include an ergonomic beavertail grip which allows you to obtain a confident grip and also permits shooters to grip the pistol as high as possible without worrying about slide bite. Front cocking serrations, front strap checkering, SIGLITE® Adjustable Combat Night Sights and custom aluminum grips complete the P220 Platinum Elite." -- Sig Sauer web site quote

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, MeridianNW, it really captured my eye. I kept going back to look at it again and again -- truly stunning in appearance and in hand.

And yes, nothing compares to a full sized .45, at least in my book...and the SIG P220 is the best, in my opinion (and that of many others, as well)...!

#5 ·
Thanks, Ullie!

How did you know I own a drop top? :shock:

No fedora, though -- stoker caps still rule!

I just fell in love with the look and feel of that gun. Still my favorite one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.