SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with this laser. I did a search and did not find much on it (Dont worry even though I am a newbie to this forum, I am not a newbie to forum manners. Always search first!)

They want $350 for it on the website. Is this laser worth it? $350 seems to be steep for a laser. What do you guys think?

While we are on topic, what do you guys think about green lasers in general?

Thanks for your help in advance!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Green lasers will kill your night vision when used up close in low light, where red lasers will not.

Sig doesn't actually make any of their own accessories, they just have their brand added to another companies product. Most are made by iTac Defense. I can't speak to the G-LAD specifically, but if it's an accessory sold by Sig, the it's likely to be both excessively expensive, and a total piece of crap.

Just my $0.02

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
...i would pass on the laser and take the $300 check and put it towards something more useful...like a good quality optic...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Fathers Day Special on the Sig G-Lad AND a leather sling designed for 556 is only $179.00 with FREE SHIPPING!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the GLAD (and a Viridian C5). The GLAD is not the best green laser out there, but it is a decent product. It is only worth $100 so its not worth spending over that. For defence/non-military applications (where nightvision is not a major concern) green lasers are unbeatable. The main reason i have always opted for them where possible is because of their strength in daylight. Put quite simply, during the day a green laser is infinitely more visible than a red laser (i've had my share of crimson trace and others).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts