SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent rifle back to Sig for sight alignment and zero issues, called to check on progress only to find out they are sending me a new rifle. My rifle was the Sig 556 with AR collapsible style stock, non folding. My concern is what will the differences be between the one I had and the new one they send other than serial #'s, I asked the C.S.R some of the same questions and all he could tell me was it wouldn't be the same style rifle. So does anyone have any info or knowledge as to differences btween old and new style and is one better than the other; is the cause for the style change? Any info on this would be appreciated on this subject, for now have to wait and see what they send me in return, hope its not a long wait. :(

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
They tried to do that to me as well. I had one of the early rifles with Swiss internals. They swapped the upper out and sent me back my original lower (with the metal receiver extension tube), but only after a LOT of arguing.

I had sent my rifle in for the same reasons you did, and they refused to tell me what the issues were, only that it must be replaced.

Your tube and hand guards might be different, but I haven't kept up with the new models so I don't know what all of the changes might be.

·
Registered
186 Posts
new style rifle

what they may be telling you , is that they are replacing your M4 style with an classic style.
the rifle you had gave you many choices of stocks .
with the classic you are limited to the folding collapsable one which comes on it or a fixed folding stock which is around $300 .
if they send you a classic and you don't like it , i have a new unfired M4 Style lower i would trade you for your classic lower.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
IMHO the standard style early lower is more appealing looks wise with the contour over the magwell. I also prefer to be able to add any AR style stock instead of the Swiss wanna be. I am glad mine was ok because I have Swiss internals which I prefer. With all that said you may get a rifle you like better so wait and se before getting worried. Sometimes we all worry needlessly, but things turn out for the best. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts