SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MFI SIG 556 Swiss Style 550 / 551 / 552 / 553 / 55x Rear Diopter Sight & Rail (with Fiber Optic Rear) with Choice of Front Sights or No Front Sight (BLACK) / Price Includes S&H via Priority Mail.

Overall, I'd say it's a good sight. I got it in the mail today from MFI, and after some minor elevation and windage adjustments. Good quality, and good accuracy after the first range trip. And the finish is nice.

“Having read the special note to Quad Rail owners, I knew that the MFI rail was designed specifically for the Original Swiss SIG SANs rubber handguard, so I was prepared to trim either the MFI Rail or the Quad rail a hair.”

Other than that, I think it's a good option. My sig came with no rear sight, and it's been nearly impossible to find a folding one, much less a factory diopter. Not a bad deal, especially for $160.

·
Registered
Sig556ER; 551 HG; UBR stock w/MDT FSA; MFI rail/rear diopter; 550 FS; Versa-Pod bayo lug mount
89 Posts
Can't see ur pics for some reason. But uea, I have the same rear sight matched up with a 550 front sight. I've only been able to shoot out to 100 yards do far, but it shoot great. I was very happy with MFI rail/rear diopter. I payed a lil less than that cuz it was a "blem" item, & didn't have the fiber optics inserted (i did it myself). I still can't find the blemishes at all so it was a great deal. I got the Sig Grey one
Reed instrument Musical instrument Reed Office equipment Typewriter
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Outdoor recreation Shotgun
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Reactions: Pavia

·
Registered
Sig556ER; 551 HG; UBR stock w/MDT FSA; MFI rail/rear diopter; 550 FS; Versa-Pod bayo lug mount
89 Posts
Thanks man! Its funny u asked that cuz I actually wanted to change it out for a while now, lol. Not cuz it doesn't work well or that I don't like the look, but just cuz I want it as close as possible to a 551 clone. This was my best friend's rifle, who unfortunately passed 5 yrs ago, & his family let me have it. I actually went with him when he bought it as his 1st rifle back in '07. But since we lived in commie NY the FH needed to pinned & welded b4 the shop could sell it to him & my friend wanted the original FH swapped out with the one that's on it now b4 it was permanently welded on. Anyway...its the Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake. The brake itself works excellent. It has a definite effect on recoil. & if u prefer a FH insteadof a brake, I believe Troy makes both in the Medieval design. I was gonna change it out a while ago & even bought the correct FH. But after researching how to remove a pinned & welded FH, I hesitated & didn't want to accidentally damage the muzzle trying to remove it. & to be honest, I've prolly gotten 5 or 6 other compliments on the Troy muzzle brake so I may end up just leaving it! Lol! Even though I was going for as close to clone as possible, I also didn't want to make any permanent changes to the original rifle. So I still have all the original furniture & top rail. I would hate to ruin the muzzle by accidentally damaging it. Anyway. Thanks again bro!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ur SIG setup looks great,, but that FNC...Ooooweee....That is sexy as hell bruh!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I’ve had good luck with it. It lines up nicely with the 551 front sight I put on. I went with a modded 550 hand guard, so no quad rail issues.
View attachment 5453 View attachment 5454 View attachment 5455
I just noticed the Swiss Lower & the Sig Swiss Army Knife/Sight tool! Love it! I was literally looking around for one of those knives last week. Not too many out there. The sig looks really, really great! I really wanted to get a Swiss lower, but just couldn't justify spending that much $ plus new mags. Anyway, awesome rifles man!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just noticed the Swiss Lower & the Sig Swiss Army Knife/Sight tool! Love it! I was literally looking around for one of those knives last week. Not too many out there. The sig looks really, really great! I really wanted to get a Swiss lower, but just couldn't justify spending that much $ plus new mags. Anyway, awesome rifles man!
Thanks! In regards to the tool, unfortunately it doesn’t work with the MFI rear sight, as MFI didn’t use the same dimensions for the parts as the SAN rear sight.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks! In regards to the tool, unfortunately it doesn’t work with the MFI rear sight, as MFI didn’t use the same dimensions for the parts as the SAN rear sight.
Yea, Ik. It's too bad they weren't able to make em interchangeable with Swiss or German parts/diopter. I still want one though, I just think they're cool, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts