SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I did try and search and didn't find this. And yes, I know this isn't a 556... but you are all so knowledgeable I thought I would give this a shot.

So, after having not read the manual before pulling my pistol apart (dumb) I in fact put the thumb safety in the ON position with the slide removed. I am now unable to insert the magazine, leaving me to believe that the warning in the manual about the detent plunger separating from the frame has in fact occured.

Is this something easily fixed and if so, details? Thanks so much for any info you all can provide!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more detail

More detail in case it helps...

It specifically appears that he ejector is permanently in the down position. The instructions say to press the ejector down in reassembly, but I'm wondering why it is staying down and if that is directly related to my stupidity of putting the safety in the ON position with the slide off. Help? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cori, thank you! The problem ended up being that the ejector was pushed too far down causing the lower portion of it to slip behind one prong of the sear spring. Once the main spring was removed it was easy to fix. Put the first 50 through it yesterday, works like a charm. Nice little pistol, hardly moves with each shot!

·
Registered
1 Posts
No excuses, just ignorant and overenthusiastic - playing with disasembled frame - and flipped safety ON - and then thought - well, "that was dumb and time consuming" - now of course the safety detent plunger has separated, yes I'm a female, not that much experience, could not wait for husband's supervision, and have been googling problem - but can't find Black and White solution. How do I (we) fix the darned thing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
You need to take apart and re-assemble the sear assembly. Given it's under tension from the main spring, this is pretty much stripping the frame, except for the trigger and trigger bar.

Watching this might help:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts