SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you gents think a mint (200 rounds max) West German P226, stamped Tysons Corner, actually its printed as they didn't have the stamping tools in yet) in original box would be worth? I don't like the way it points so its no good to me. I am in Canada so can't offer it for sale to sig guys here, or I would, our prices are 2-300 higher than in the U.S.

·
Vendor
825 Posts
Don't recall if it was German. It was a few years back, and I since traded it to get a 2-tone model, so I can't check.

Another thought is to look over at Auctionarms.com,or Gunbroker.net, and see if you can find a similar model, and see what it sold for at auction.

Art

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
...IMO...a "like new in box" West German Sig 226 is worth about $600/$700 or so...a vintage Tyson Corner marked Sig is worth more because they have "some" collectors value...especially in excellent (LNIB) condition...and especially when you have the origional box...mags and instruction manual...i would "guess" somewhere around $1000 would not be unreasonable...mebay a little more in Canada...just guessing...

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Ullie, tons of interest at that price, the Tysons corner marking is what has most guys intrigued and willing to pay more. The group of guys also most interested are guys who use or have used the P226 as their main carry weapon. It did sell quickly at $1000.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
7art said:
Don't recall if it was German. It was a few years back, and I since traded it to get a 2-tone model, so I can't check.

Art
Art, you would remember, they are noticeably different. I did have a P226 I sold for a few hundred dollars also, it wasn't near the pistol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts