SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I had no idea where else to put this. I wanted to show it to the forum in case anyone else was wondering how it would look to have an MCX folding stock on a 556. Obviously it only work with the AR-15 type lowers.
Hand Finger Bumper Carbon Bicycle part

Finger Bicycle part Gadget Audio equipment Thumb

Hand Finger Bumper Dvi cable Thumb

Automotive tire Finger Motor vehicle Audio equipment Bumper

So you would just need to clearance the part for the contours of the lower. I did this with a dremel. The part is an MCX AR-15 stock adapter. As of this posting they’re in stock on Sig’s website
Watch Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Shotgun

Air gun Trigger Revolver Shotgun Gun barrel

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Air gun Bumper

Trigger Hood Air gun Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Air gun Trigger Revolver Shotgun Gun barrel

and that’s how it looks installed. Enjoy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey man,that is slick looking work.very nice,congrats.
I also did a sig mpx stock conversion on my 556 sbr.it started life as a pistol but I swapped the lower from a full size swat 556.i then found this piece sig used to offer for the end of these rifles.super rare and extinct in the wild but I managed to find a guy on gunbroker who bought a bunch of the last ones from CDNN.i posted a few pictures of my setup in the showcase section as I'm new on here and didn't exactly figure out how to post them in the gallery.still learning to navigate the site.anyhow very nice result.be well and stay safe.

·
Registered
Sig556ER; 551 HG; UBR stock w/MDT FSA; MFI rail/rear diopter; 550 FS; Versa-Pod bayo lug mount
105 Posts
That looks awesome man. Great work. I'm using an MDT fixed-to-fixed folder with a UBR stock. I really wanted a folding stock, but didn't want to change the UBR cuz of how it's weight helps to balance out the heavy front end on an ER. The MDT folder is excellent for anyone who wants to have a fixed style stock like a UBR fold. But If I ever decide to get a pistol, I'm def going this route though. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
17 Posts
That looks awesome man. Great work. I'm using an MDT fixed-to-fixed folder with a UBR stock. I really wanted a folding stock, but didn't want to change the UBR cuz of how it's weight helps to balance out the heavy front end on an ER. The MDT folder is excellent for anyone who wants to have a fixed style stock like a UBR fold. But If I ever decide to get a pistol, I'm def going this route though. Thanks for sharing
Thanks again man.that ubr would definitely balance things out nicely. Makes sense.after all these little suckers are tank like as it is.again great work.be well sir.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think that would depend on how robust the parts used to make the connection are as well what you will be using your rifle for. A safe queen=minimal risk of breakage. A hard use rifle you should consider the quality and strength of parts being used accordingly.just my thoughts.but again let us not forget that anything on any machine could break at any time. And that's why one is none and two is one.be well gentlemen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts