SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who get the Sportsman Channel or Outdoors Channel, Tactical Impact is featuring the SIG 556 (although it looked very close to a 551 -- even the fully translucent magazines were visible) in the episode called "Tactical Impact: Clearing the Street & Building: Stalingrad to Iraq"

Pretty cool segment -- focused on making sure your target is down before moving to the next; rather than just hitting the target with a set number of rounds and moving on. In the first demo run on the range, from behind cover, Aaron Roberts (Blackwater USA trainer) hits a target and moves on, and shortly thereafter a huge explosion is simulated, indicating he just caught an RPG round when he moved off the initial target that didn't stay down. Fairly effective way to make the point.... :shock:

·
Registered
16 Posts
was this already aired or is it going to be on? if so, when? thanks...thatd be interesting to watch....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It came on at 10:30 Eastern this morning (I took the day off). It appears to be part of the first year of episodes, so you could order it on DVD.

It is likely to be on re-runs though. You can look on http://www.tacticalimpact.tv for other showtimes when this might air again. Next broadcast is tomorrow at 4:00 EDT on Sportsmans Channel.

It was pretty cool to see the gun -- he only fired semi-auto, but those guys at Blackwater get some trick guns - definitely the 551 translucent mags.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ohhh you saw that too! I was gana post about it but then the ADD kicked in :lol:. I dvrd it and I watched that segment like 10 times. I hate that guy who used it though, I don't know why they replaced the Aussie and seal guy with him.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scooby:

He is an occasional co-host. He is a little stiff in his style, for sure....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts