Sig 556 Bolt Catch Snapped | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

Sig 556 Bolt Catch Snapped

Discussion in '556 Discussions' started by UziOwner, Jan 9, 2021.

1. UziOwner

UziOwner New Member

I took my Sig 556 out shooting yesterday and went to use the bolt release and it snapped right off just before the pin holding it. Thinking I could just buy another one I finished my range day and headed home to look for a replacement. As luck would have it I can't for the life of me find one. Does anyone know where to look? It seems to be specific to the Sig 55X line of firearms. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am also going to post on the WTB section to see if anyone has an extra. Thanks!

2. Omegajb

Omegajb New Member

Sig should warranty it for life if you want to go that route.
    If not this is the part and number I think you need but confirm it fits your rifle.

Bolt Catch | Gun Parts Corp.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

3. FireCop203

FireCop203 Member

Good luck. You’re in for an Easter egg hunt. Sig dropped all parts sales and support for the 556 about five years ago.

4. UziOwner

UziOwner New Member

So I checked there as well and that is the correct part number but they are sold out of the part.

When I called Sig they told me they don't have many parts left for the Sig556's but the customer service agent was going to contact the custom shop to see if they had any left. He also said I would need to send the rifle in as they could not sell that part directly because it has been discontinued. It seems like they aren't able to service the rifles like before.

Thanks for checking for me!

5. Omegajb

Omegajb New Member

Sig stopped parts sales but they still warranty the 556 at least as of December they did.

UziOwner likes this.
  6. UziOwner

UziOwner New Member

Well hopefully Sig can now, they told me it would be about $30 for shipping which is fine with me. The part snapped so easily, I almost think it wasn't made properly.

7. FireCop203

FireCop203 Member

The last time I spoke with them, I was trying to get the plastic clip that holds the buttstock against the receiver when folded. Their reply was “I’m sorry sir, we no longer carry any parts or provide support for the 556”

Maybe they found a box in the basement they forgot about.

8. Omegajb

Omegajb New Member

Sig customer service is hit or miss and I don't think some understand what a lifetime warranty means.
    They told me if I sent my lower back they would replace the stock, I didn't because I was afraid they would have replaced it with the non adjustable folding stock.