SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I truly wish I had done more research before I bought the 238. At range visit 2, my shop replaced the main recoil spring and my slide failures to lock back after the last round were fixed. I've put 200 rounds thru it since, slide has functioned flawlessly on the lock.

However, on average 1 in ten rounds fails to extract. My guy at the shop examined the pistol today after I had five failures in fifty rounds. He shot about 20 rounds thru it and had three failures. He boxed up the 238 and sent nit back to Sig for me.

I have a CPO 220 and a CPO 226 as well as a 2022 and all are flawless. The thing they have in common is they were all made in Germany. I've read the reliability issues with US sigs and sort of dismissed a lot of it until now.

I love the little 238. It is a sweet shooter and deadly accurate, but I have no confidence in it. I've put 300 rounds thru it and now it's going back to Sig. I feel like I should have held off and waited to find a Kahr. Thing is, I really need a reliable and accurate pocket gun. So far, the 238 only meets half the objectives.

Shame on me, I should have done more research and not gotten suckered in on that sweet looking and feeling mini-1911. I'll gladly report back success or failure on what get sent back. My local shop is handling the return and I'm happy they just did it and didn't tell me to just call Sig. They certainly didn't have to do anything. I have bought several guns from them and they've always treated me well. The guy told me today "wow, you shoot yours a lot more than anyone I've seen so far". (they have q nice indoor range). I told him, man I have to have confidence in this thing if I'm going to carry it and that means several hundred flawless rounds.

At this point, it's not about the money spent. The shop was really pushing the 238 and I love 1911's, wanted a pocket 380, sure seemed a good fit. Maybe it still will be.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Well, I must be lucky, I have had a Sig P238 for about six months and so far it's been flawless.
I know some people have had problems with their 238s.
I'm sorry about yours; I hope Sig gets it right the second time, as the original manufacturing process seems to have left something to be desired ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts