SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to send Sig 522 back to Sig. Below is the letter to go with it.
Has anyone had any of these problems?

Sig Sauer Inc.
18 Industrial Drive
Exeter, New Hampshire 03833
Attn: Customer service

I purchased the Sig522 on March 27, 2010 at a gun show in Colorado Springs, CO from Machine Gun Tours. While cleaning it the first time before it was fired I noticed there were many scratches on the top front of the barrel. The barrel under the hand guards was so rough that the cleaning rag I was using started to disintegrate and leave fuss all over the barrel. I had to use an air compressor to blow the fuss off because I could not wipe it off. I ran a cleaning rod with a 22 cal jag and patch down the barrel from the breach. The patch came out with what looked like the color of rust on it.
I went to the range on March 28th to shoot the rifle. I opened the action twice and used a bore snake after 10 rounds each time to clean the barrel. The groups were about 2½â€

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yikes! I've had my 522 to the range several times, and although I did go to homedespot and get some E clips just to be safe, I've had no problems at all with mine. The barrel is smooth finished, shoots great, and no function problems at all. It did come with the extended buttpad and stickers and the like in the case (I have the box it was shipped from Sig too).

It does sound like the one you'd gotten wasn't quite fresh out of the box :x

The only 'problems' with my rifle are pretty simple. The top hand guard won't come off past the rail without filing it down. And the 10rd "Sig" mag (made by Blackdog) I had to file down to fit easily into the bottom of the reciever. It was about .05" too thick and stuck like it was glued in. The other 15rd magazines direct from Blackdog work perfectly.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I watched as the dealer took it out of the box. While my background check was being processed I walked around. I guess he could have removed the extra butt pad at that time. Due to the other issues it still needs to bo back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts