1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I usually give the cop the benefit of the doubt but it sure looks bad. If the woman had not pushed him but took a swing at him then hey, knock the bitch out. But it didn't look like enough to warrant a punch in the face. A take down to the pavement, yes because she shouldn't be touching him.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
After watching the FULL unedited video, I retract my previous statement. That stupid woman fought that cop, and verbally abused him, even after he got rid of the interfering friend with a punch, not to mention the crowd harassing the cop the whole time. He did what he needed to do.

·
Registered
365 Posts
He's also lucky that crowd didn't get more aggressive.
The only real problem I see is he took a bit longer than he should have to get her under control. Yeah he was having a problem with her and another person, but that ended early.
This kind of [email protected] is what a lot of LEOs hate.
What if one of the onlookers -- who seemed to sympathize with the woman -- had gotten more aggressive. And what if he (or she ...) had managed to get the officer's gun while he was preoccupied with the woman?

Things could have gone south from that point real fast ....

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Want to know what I would have done in that situation?

Pepper Spray and Tazer! Where's my K-9 Partner at?

·
Registered
427 Posts
TommyGunn said:
The only real problem I see is he took a bit longer than he should have to get her under control.
I take it that you've never tried to gain control and place handcuffs onto a ticked off, squirming african american woman before. He actually made pretty quick work of it, being alone. Believe me, been there, done that many times before. It is no picnic that's for sure.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Who honestly wouln't side with this LEO? I would have been less gentle with those nasty bitches from the beggining of the arrest. :twisted:
BTW he needs some training restraining people. :lol:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Wow, Been there, done that too many times! Only difference was, having to make short work of that by better restraint and take down technique. It is a tough situation, you really don't want to go all the way to ground with that crowd he was faced with. This could put you at a disadvantage and more susceptible to making them think of you as an easier target. Although a good wrist take down to the ground and with a cuff and stuff from a standing kneeling position would be faster, safer and not make him an easy target.

Making quick work of it, limits the time for people to do stupid things like the friend tried to do for the girl. She had time to think she could fix it and save her friend, instead she was punched and that agitated the crowd even more. This could have turned into a real crappy situation for the Officer to where it escalated to someone really getting hurt, especially the Officer.
You could see in several of the boys reaction and expressions, it was not too far from getting worse. Thankfully it did not.

Bottom line, Officer was good to go, just needs more aikijujutsu training to effect the arrest in a more timely manner.

And yes, black women can be very difficult! I was almost was taken out by one with a 12" cast iron skillet, and it was still HOT! :shock: Still have the uniform shirt that bears the burn marks, thank God for bullet proof vest... It took most of the blow, just glad she missed my head which is what she was aiming for. And yes it was while I had the guy that just beat the living crap out of her on the ground and had just cuffed him before she came out of nowhere and attacked. Because I was poised in the above position on the take down, I was able to move out of position, let the vest take the blow and effect her arrest by a very hard uppercut. He went to county for 6 months, she went to state for 9 years, her mouth was still wired shut during the trial.
Only woman I hit in my 20 years, or ever in my life, but I am home with my family and not on a slab with my skull crushed in.
She's the one that called us to save her... You never know what will happen. :?

·
Registered
186 Posts
punch her out

if you look at the girl who was punched. you will see that a man was holding her arm and telling her to keep out of it. she pulls away from him stating something to the effect,"i don't care" then tries to take the first girl away from the police officer.
The crowd does not get envolved for a couple of reasons. one, they know she ask for it. second they must have seen the Chris Rock video of how to not get a beat down from the police. LOL
if you have never watched it you need to.
i have been an LEO since 1974, the officer took so long to affect the arrest because he did not want to hurt the woman. it is hard to get control of a subject who is not really fighting you but who is refuseing to comply.
overall i think he did a good job.
the one he punched did not cause anymore trouble.

·
Registered
365 Posts
racenet said:
TommyGunn said:
The only real problem I see is he took a bit longer than he should have to get her under control.
I take it that you've never tried to gain control and place handcuffs onto a ticked off, squirming african american woman before. He actually made pretty quick work of it, being alone. Believe me, been there, done that many times before. It is no picnic that's for sure.
:?: :?: HGmmmm. Are African American women more difficult to subdue than other races ...... :shock:
~~Seriously;
I'm sure it can be difficult.
I wasn't trying to be critical of the officer; my point was that while he was trying to get her under control, the crowd had plenty of time to interfere in ways that might have made it go real bad ... but I guess that could always have happened.
Besides, I said a "bit" longer ...NOT "far far toooo long." :wink:

·
Registered
427 Posts
TommyGunn said:
racenet said:
TommyGunn said:
:?: :?: HGmmmm. Are African American women more difficult to subdue than other races ...... :shock:
~~Seriously;
I wasn't trying to be critical of the officer; my point was that while he was trying to get her under control, the crowd had plenty of time to interfere in ways that might have made it go real bad ... but I guess that could always have happened.
Seriously.....Yep, they sure are!
If you never had the pleasure, you'll never, ever understand.

·
Registered
105 Posts
appropriate use of force

The officer actually was more subdued then he could have been legally. The officer could have used impact weapons due to their active resistance. It was good that so many taped it to prove the officer was in compliance of the use of force continuum.

·
Registered
365 Posts
racenet said:
TommyGunn said:
racenet said:
TommyGunn said:
~~Seriously;
Seriously.....Yep, they sure are!
If you never had the pleasure, you'll never, ever understand.
:shock: Okay ........

Seriously, though, I do realize these women (esp. the one that was being actually subdued by the officer) had criminal records. Black or white, they have problems and are not what one would consider "nice" people.
They seem to have little respect for law and order as evidenced by their records, if not by what actually happened in the video.

On another note, Bill O'Reilly (AKA Bill O'Really :twisted: ) covered this incident last night on his "IS IT LEGAL?" segment. I can't believe the consensus was that the officer was actually in the wrong!
Either an officer can control a situation ... or can't. I don't want a situation where a "catch-22" situation becomes involved, where an officer MUST control the situation ...or possibly die or be injured, or a situation where the officer will be punished no matter if he does what is right or what is wrong.
Some people might disagree with me when I question how effective the officer was being ... but one thing I WILL say; he had one defiant woman, and another interfering; how the heck is an officer supposed to subdue TWO fighting women in that circumstance? Yeah, punching the woman looked crude.
Tough.
I wonder if O'Reilly had been there in uniform .... what would he have done? Or would he have allowed one of those women to get his gun out?

·
Registered
112 Posts
some people just need a good beat down... :twisted:

·
Registered
44 Posts
After watching the initial video I felt like the officer was in the wrong, I am a police officer as well and from the initial video I did not side with the officer. Even though as a person he was in the right, but as a police officer you have to follow different rules than normal people. I then watched the full video, and just like the famous Rodney King video they don't show you the 5 minutes of a pcp crazed felon tossing officers around like rag dolls. After seeing the full video I now side with the officer. What I find funny is that this has became a race issue (as it usually is by the hate pedling Jessee Jackson and Al 'Cocaine Buying' Sharpton). I honestly would be enbarrassed and offended if everytime a black officer used force on a white suspect some d*^k head from the white race claimed it was racial. The only fault I find in what the officer did is not landing the punch and knocking that idoit out! On another note on the comment about the officer not effectively taking her down soon...you gotta remember this...and I CAN say this from first hand knowledge...it's a hell of alot harder to arrest someone in a crowd of angry people than it is to arrest someone alone. You have to worry about the crowd, your weapons and trying to NOT get sued or appear on national TV!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Also I love how the crowd watches and doesnt help...gotta love America...a country of cowards! However the degenerate turds where sure there with the prepaid phones to get it on video."Wees gonna getzd paid yo". I had a conversation about this and it was said "people should know not to grab the police" My rule of thumb is to not make it a habit of screwing with anyone with a gun...cop or not haha

·
Registered
137 Posts
Seattle is a weird place...have sex in the streets and alleys, do drugs, shit/piss/drink in public, but God help you if you jaywalk.

Maybe that is the only law they are allowed to enforce?

I had a friend get written up for jaywalking in Seattle a few years ago when attending a convention. He couldn't believe it...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
As far as the "pcp" comment I don't think that's a big issue much these days seeing as how nobody since the 70's uses it anymore. Crack or meth are the psycho active drugs of choice in the modern world, but as a cop I'm sure you know that, right. I don't see why so many are surprised at the crowds reaction. What do you expect when a civilized modern society allows itself to be over run by third world peoples and culture. Get used to it. You don't see that in a small town in North Dakota or down south, just the big cities where 3rd world peoples congregate. They don't know any better.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts