SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to go with Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 x 32 scope with red illuminated Velocity reticle on the new FN SCAR 17S, a/k/a SCARZilla, if I ever get to actually buy SCARZilla.... Plan was to put a Trijicon RMR with a Picatinny rail mount on a Daniel Defense 1 o'clock offset mount, but I wasn't sure if my plan was going to work...so I tried it out on Son of SCARZilla.

It is amazing -- it is almost like these three manufacturers were all working together on this, because everything fits perfectly, and clears without making contact all the way around. Had to remove the rear BUIS but I wanted to be as near to the bore axis as possible with the scope, and the RMR is the dual illuminated version (fiber optics and tritium) so it just became the back up sight for SCARZilla.

I will probably mount the BUIS on the 3 o'clock rail up front, just in case.

This setup works great -- the RMR is at just the right height -- just cant the rifle to the left and bingo! -- you're right on target. And the Nightforce, well, all I can say is they named their company right! The entire reticle glows red on all magnifications -- optical clarity is superb -- quality is tops. These are Nightforce scope rings as well.

I highly recommend this setup if you are considering it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Re: SCAR--Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 x 32, Trijicon RMR, offset m

nice rigzilla, you will love that optic, try shooting with both eyes open up to 4 power, you might be able to dump the eaotech, they are great optics.

·
Vendor
825 Posts

Too bad you can't get a 90 degree mount for the EOTech, instead of a 60 degree. Now your elevation/windage adjustment are screwed up.

·
Registered
678 Posts

7art said:
Too bad you can't get a 90 degree mount for the EOTech, instead of a 60 degree. Now your elevation/windage adjustment are screwed up.
Burris makes tactical mounts that allow for a picatiniy rail on the top ring which would put that eotech on top positioned like it should be. but then again raises the hight of the gun

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It's not an EOTech, men, it is a Trijicon RMR (dual illumination, fiber optic and tritium).

It's sitting on a Daniel Defense 1 o'clock offset mount, at approximately 45 degrees.

No problems with sight zero using the mount - the gun is amazingly accurate for CQB.

With the Nightforce, even more so.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts

Wicked... :shock:

·
Registered
2,403 Posts

Here is a Burris Red Dot on the Burris Rings:

How do you like the Trijicon RMR???? My Burris works great.

·
Registered
678 Posts

Clyde said:
It's not an EOTech, men, it is a Trijicon RMR.
Sorry for the nomenclature error. Nice optic, did some research and figured its a must have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts