SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With information from this website, on forms, process and other things, I sent in all of the paperwork to construct a SBR. Funny they cashed the postal money order with days, but then it only took 2 months and 9 days for me to receive the stamp back. A rally painless process. My brother all recived his SBR approval as well.
All I can say is get it done before things slow down.
:D

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Congrats, did you go the TRUST route?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trust

Sure did, used Quicken Will maker, took about 10 minutes to type it up and about that long to get it notized. My brother had his class 3 dealer look it over and away it went. By brother also did an sbr and order a silincer (sp) at the same time. all approve. However he got one for his rifle where I would have went for one for my sigp226 9mm. The information on this website was right..
You just have to be careful to sig all of the paperwork and not just make copies. It really was not that bad.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Awesome.

Trust is the only way I go with my NFA items, it's simple, fast, and easy to do. The turnaround on getting back your stamps is great, I've always gotten my Form 4's back within 30-45 days every time like I mentioned in another topic here.
8)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SBR Paperwork

My local gun dealer said it has to do with your last name and which agent is assigned to that last name first letter. Just like anything it all has to do with the individual doing the work.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Re: SBR Paperwork

oldguard60 said:
My local gun dealer said it has to do with your last name and which agent is assigned to that last name first letter. Just like anything it all has to do with the individual doing the work.
Yeah, I heard that too but I send everything off myself and my last name initial would put me at the end of the list lol. :shock: :p

I'm sure it has to do with the agent doing your paperwork 'cause I always get the same person signing me off and he does it quickly. Maybe my agent isn't a lazy ass like the rest of the ATF. :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
datcha said:
Awesome.

Trust is the only way I go with my NFA items, it's simple, fast, and easy to do. The turnaround on getting back your stamps is great, I've always gotten my Form 4's back within 30-45 days every time like I mentioned in another topic here.
8)
Wow! It must be nice! In January 2009, when I submitted a Form 4 to the ATF NFA Branch for approval to SBR a SIG P556, it took exactly six months!

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Scharfshutzen said:
datcha said:
Awesome.

8)
Wow! It must be nice! In January 2009, when I submitted a Form 4 to the ATF NFA Branch for approval to SBR a SIG P556, it took exactly six months!
It is very nice, I enjoy not having to wait forever to get my stamps back, I think I would be very irritated if I had to wait 6 months. A buddy submitted a Form 4 the same time I submitted one of mine, he got his back 5 months later, 4 months after I got mine back, he's still mad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts